Chapter 45

Playlist:

Don't Know What To Do- BLACKPINK

Caroline POV

I love Klaus...always, I will always love Klaus Mickaelson.

Klaus gently cupped my cheek staring into my eyes deeply with an undeniable sense of pure love just for me and only me.

Suddenly, I felt myself retreat from him without any control over my body.

Before I knew it I heard his beautiful French voice once again.

"What are you doing here CareBear?"

"Pierre." I breathed.

I glanced at Klaus and see him take a few steps back and he scratches the back of his neck. 

"Oh um..I was just here with Elijah and Claire. I ran into Klaus on my way out." I lied. 

Pierre looked at everyones expressions before speaking. "Well...I wasn't expecting to see you here, but since you are here I thought I could ask you your opinion on something." He said more like a statement than a question. 

"Um...sure. What sort of question?" I answered as everyone was still watching our scene unfold.

"It's a bit of a fashion advice question." He looked at me up and down. 

"O-okay." I looked at Claire and Elijah.

"Come on." Pierre gestured me to follow as he went towards his room upstairs.  

I glanced back at Claire and Elijah as I follow Pierre and just before I lost sight of them I see both of them wink knowing exactly what I have to do. 

"Go ahead." Pierre opened his door for me and I walked in slowly remembering the time I walked in on him right after he was done showering at the dinner party. 

"So I have two different outfits," Pierre said as he disappeared into his closet, "Let me try them on and you can tell me which one you like best." 

"Pierre I have a question about fairies." I said sweetly. 

"Yes darling what is it?" His voice echoed from his closet to where I was standing outside. 

"Can fairies fall in love with humans?" There was a dark silence and I did my best to make sure he couldn't sense my fear. 

"Humans, yes. Fairies falling in love with humans is more common and easier than fairies falling in love with any other beings. It is harder and takes years for fairies to fall in love with other beings. Fairies fall in love with whomever they feel the most calming presence from. As for a fairy like me who has emotions as my power, I would fall in love with the person who has a calm presence and don't take this the wrong way...but also someone who has a soft exterior. Someone who is easy to break through." 

I furrowed my eyebrows a bit confused by his comment, but shook it off remembering the task at hand. 

"So if I was a human you could fall in love with me easier and sooner...?" I said in a shy voice.

Pierre walked out of the closet in a navy blue suit and a cream colored tie with a light blue button up and black formal shoes. He looked quite handsome as I only see him in his usual dark jeans and plain v-necks.

"Yes Caroline, that is correct." Pierre stated looking at me. 

"Pierre?" I said his name as he moved closer.

"Yes my CareBear?" He slowly came to me and grabbed my hand.

"Will you make me human again?" I asked looking up at him innocently.