Chapter 31

Playlist:

Almost Love- Sabrina Carpenter

Caroline POV

I knew something bad was going to happen and now I have to deal with it. Leaving would make too much of a scene. Also prove to Claire and Pierre even more that I have a stupid 'thing' for him.

Just deal with it.

"It shouldn't be too bad," Klaus whispered to me, "we only have to deal with them for five courses." Klaus finished smirking at me.

I shook my head rolling my eyes. He put his arm out for me to take to enter the grand dining room. As we entered my first words that popped into my head were 'wow' like everything that has some type of relation to Klaus Mickaelson.

Good or bad.

The first thing that caught my eye was the nine small chandeliers hanging on the ceiling. A Greek painted design started on the ceiling then expanded onto the walls making the room feel magical, but not crowded.

"Is that table gold?" I asked as I noticed the dinning room table was glowing.

"What Love? Oh yes, that is from Volos in Greece. Elijah got that when we went back to-" Klaus stopped realizing I am dumbfounded. "Actually it doesn't matter." He added patting my arm.

I pretty much stood there with my mouth dropped opened looking like a complete idiot.

"How much was it?" I asked wondering the price of a gold grand dinning room table.

"Um...let's just say the price of your house and all the items inside it put together." Klaus whispered smirking at me. I shook my head laughing at his unrealistic lifestyles he lives in.

I turned my attention to the objects on the table. The first product that had my attention was the name tags set in front of every chair.

We had assigned seating.

Assigned.

Claire has to be off her rocker.

There is one table at each end of the table, three on each side. I notice my name in the middle of the front side then I see Kol's next to me I thanked God for a moment, but immediately took it back when I saw Pierre Williams name posted to my left.

"You have got to be going crazy." I mumbled. I felt Klaus growl. I looked up at him. "It's okay we can make it through dinner."

At least you have Kol." Klaus joked. One of the reasons I love Klaus is because he can be fun at a times when I just want to have a mental breakdown. I smiled as we broke apart and he went to sit across from Kol. Sitting next to Klaus was Rebekah then Matt. I was a little worried for him that he was surrounded by a bunch of vampires and he was the only human besides the compelled slaves.

I sat down then felt Pierre's warm body heat radiating off of him as he sat down next to me. Kol sat down immediately after him to my right.

"Caroline I noticed-" Pierre started.

"So Kol I head that you just came back to the living a couple hours ago. How are you adjusting to the new century?" I cut off Pierre. I know it was completely rude and I shouldn't be a bitch to him, but I can't let him sneak his way into my complicated feelings. I just admitted to being in love with Klaus I can't switch boys within a couple weeks.