Chapter 37

Playlist:

Alligator- Monsta X

Caroline POV

What could they be discussing in there?

Is it about Elena?

Is Klaus going to refuse to save her?

I paced the room.

Back and forth.

Back and forth.

"Could you put that fire out." I said irritated.

Elijah sat on the couch in front of the fire sitting up straight his legs crossed over the other as his hands were delicately folded in his lap.

"Why?" He asked calmly.

"Because its crackling is making it hard to hear what is going on in the foyer." I complained to him.

"Well that is probably for the best then." Elijah looked over at me.

"What do you mean for the best?" I exclaimed locking my eyes on him.

"Niklaus asked us to leave for a reason Caroline. We should trust in him." Elijah stated.

I sighed feeling defeated.

"Fine." I said plopping down in the chair across from him.

We sat in silence for a little bit as I subconsciously tried to hear what was going on. Of course no luck. I just hope Klaus doesn't do anything rash or too intense. 

Even though the crackling fire was loud enough to drown out the words it wasn't loud enough to drown out the front door closing.

Did they throw Klaus out?

Stefan and Damon didn't come back into the library until a couple minutes later. I stood up abruptly wanting to know what has happened.

"Where is Klaus?" I asked loudly.

"Don't get your panties in a twist Blondie," Damon started. "He left on his own."

"What does that specifically mean?" Elijah asked titling his head a little making him look more intimating then he already does.

"Well, apparently he is still going to save Elena even though we decline his favor." Stefan explained stepping down into the room towards the drinks placed on a small table.

"What do you mean favor?" I asked. "What did he ask for?"

Stefan turned around glancing at Damon as they both gave each other a look.

"Stop it with your brother telepathy and just tell me!" I shouted at them.

"Fine. Fine." Damon put his hands up following where Stefan stood. "Klaus asked for our forgiveness and when we declined he left saying you both should just go home." Damon told us.

My eyes went wide as I looked to the ground trying to figure out what that means.

What is he up to?

Why would he leave just like that?

Why did he ask for their forgiveness he has never once wanted anyone's forgiveness until now?

"I can't blame you for not forgiving my brother, but I am not going home. I must know where Elena is."

"Klaus said he was going to still save her, but I don't believe him for a second. Why would he save her after we declined to forgive him." Damon said bluntly.

"What makes you think that?" Elijah asked. "NiKlaus came all the way to your house just for Caroline, he even asked for your forgiveness even though he knew it would damage his pride and reputation. If Nik went through all of this and then he is just not going to save Elena or take her from Pierre and Kol to make more hybrids, which we all know that is what you are all thinking right now." Elijah explained quickly. "What makes you think he would do that? He is here for Caroline. He asked for your forgiveness for Caroline. He is going to save Elena for Caroline. So don't think for two seconds that he is here for you." Elijah spit at them.