Chapter 4

"Um..uh...ug..." I stumble to get even anything out.

Why is he asking me this?

He is my only friend left.

I am surprised Matt my human friend who is more terrified of the Original family than Elena is here at Klaus's mansion asking me if I am Okay? He is asking how I am doing well I am going to have to give him a good answer.....hell I can't my day has been crap! Well he asked. "Well honestly it has been a horrible day!" I feel tears coming.

Why come on Caroline!

No stopping them now.

"Oh Care!" he went into a hug and we sat on the couch with my head buried in his chest. "We can do whatever. We can talk or we can just sit here. Whatever you want Care?"He asks. Matt has been my friend for so long that I know that he wouldn't care what we did so I chose what would best fit me.

"Well can I just tell you everything and get it all out?" I ask looking at him right in the eyes. Not to intimate, but so I can read him.

"Of course anything you want." He breathes.

"I could go for some ice cream" I joke with him. He laughs at this and I giggle a little as well. I tell him everything from since Tyler broke up with me this morning and to when I was in the woods, but I kinda left out the part when me and Klaus were going to kiss. No we were not going to kiss. He was going to try to kiss me, but I would of stopped him...well maybe...never mind that! It is not that important."Well what do you think I should do?!"

"I think you should get home."

"What?" I look at the the round clock above the fire place and saw that it was 2:30 in the morning. "What the hell! When were you going to tell me!"

"Well when you were done."

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! My mother is going to kill me!"

"Calm down" He says putting his hands on mine. I take deep breathes and that started to slow my heart rate. "I called your mom before I even got here and told her you were with me because you need to talk to someone about the break up so you came over to my house and you fell asleep on my couch . She also told me she is working the night shift tonight." He says reassuring me.

"Oh..okay..good..so...." I was still calming down. "Okay well I should get home and go to bed."

"Yeah that's a smart idea." Matt says raising an eyebrow. I walked him to the door where we said our goodbyes, he wishes me a happy birthday, and kisses me on the cheek. I watched him drive away before I turned to go back in the house were Klaus was waiting for me in the study. I knocked before entering. Not wanting to wait for a reply, I walk in. I see Klaus sitting on a chair in front of a desk with papers scattered everywhere with books piled on top of each other. He is holding a book of his own in his hands. I read the front cover aloud,

"Withering Heights."

"Well I almost finished." He says not looking up from his book yet.

"Sorry to disturb you." I say sarcastically and then he peered out from the top of the book. He put the book down now and stared at me.

He didn't stop.

I didn't want him to.

I stared and I didn't stop and I didn't want to.

It could have been seconds or hours it all felt the same.

I had to break it before it got out of hand.

"Shall we go?" I asked him clearing my throat.

"Yes let's go." He gets up and we walk out the door. We reach the front door and Klaus asks me before I start, "May I walk you home? I was taught to never leave a lady alone after dark."

"Nice line prince charming," He looks down and smiles. He looks back at me still smiling and I couldn't help, but smile as well. His smile just makes me want to melt up inside.

"What shall it be my princess?" He questions me.

"I shall grant you your wish." I played along. We both laughed and walked out of view into the big forest.We get to my house we were standing on the front porch facing each other.

"Caroline before you enter your house I need to ask you one simple question." He says looking at me intently.

"Okay what is it?" I say casually

"Why did you lie about me and you to Matt?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UH!

What happened?

What do you think Klaus is talking about?

Comment below!

Don't forget to....

Comment!

Vote!

Follow!

Love you all my beautifuls!

XOXO

Nellie Raye