Chapter 58/Roses

Playlist:

One Day- Monsta X

Caroline POV

The years went by quicker than any of us wanted, I took classes at the nearby college with Elena and Bonnie. I earned a bachelor's degree and started my own event planning company, Claire as my right hand, as extra as she is...she impressed me with the planning of her own wedding and my wedding so far. Elena is currently an intern at the Mystic Falls hospital and Bonnie runs a small market with Kol where she sells special herbs and teaches new witches how to do magic. My mom didn't find out about my pregnancy until after the twins were born and my father...I haven't talked to him since he moved to Amsterdam with his new boyfriend. My mother was very upset at first, but she knew she was too invested in her work and that it was partially her fault for not being involved. My mom never questioned the idea of Klaus and I getting married, she said she always secretly liked him since he saved my life on my birthday. As for Klaus, he joined the city council and ran for mayor. He became the mayor effortlessly. My mother visited throughout the years until she was shot on duty. She was in the hospital and Elena was the one to tell me the news. It was devastating. The only thing that kept me from turning my humanity off was the fact that I now have my own family that I need to be there for.

Clementine and Aren grew, went to school, studied the supernatural world, and practiced self-defense. As much as the Mickelson family gets in trouble they need to know how to protect themselves. Aren discovered his witch powers a few days before Clem did. Bonnie has become their teacher to help them control their growing powers. Aren enjoyed his lessons much more than Clementine does.

"Aunt Bonnie is waiting in your study room." I said as I leaned on Clementine's door frame. Clem has been obsessed with insects since she saw her first ladybug. On her sixth birthday party the lady bug flew up to her and landed right on the tip of her nose. Her room is covered in pictures of insects and built in shelfs that has over fifty jars containing a different insect in each one.

"She is?" Clem turned around with a jar in her hand. "I have been trying to fix this ladybug's leg, but it is a tricker spell than when I fixed his wing earlier. Clementine closed the jar and put it on the shelf.

"How do you know it is a boy?"

"His antennas are longer than the girls." She answered proudly.

"Bonnie can probably help you with that spell after your lesson today." I replied.

Clementine rolled her eyes annoyed she has to go to another lesson and strolled out of her bedroom, her blonde curls bouncing as she walked.

"Where is your brother?" I asked before she got too far down the hall.

"Probably in the greenhouse with Daddy." Her green eyes glowing. I started towards the French doors leading out to the backyard and the greenhouse Klaus bought for our twins. I spotted them through the glass as Aren looked at a vervain plant and Klaus stood back. I scrunched my eyebrows together wondering what they could be doing. I opened the glass door and watched as Aren grew the vervain slowly, but surely. Unexpectedly, Ren grew the plant so long and he shot the stem and flowers towards his father and Klaus dodged it easily.

"Good job." Klaus gave his son a high five.

"What are you doing?" I said my eyes wide and confused.

"I'm teaching Aren how to fight." Klaus said hesitantly.

"We don't teach them how to fight Nik. We teach them how to defend themselves." I whispered at him. "I don't want our seven year old son shooting toxic plants towards people.

"These plants aren't toxic to people." Klaus argued.

"You know what I mean." I looked at him.