Chapter 32

Playlist:

Glad You Came- The Wanted

Caroline POV

I give Klaus a look and he ignores me, staring Claire down with a evil smirk on his face.

What is he up to?

"Well now that that is settled how about we go into the parlor and have a drink." Claire spoke and winked at me as if she has won.

Rebekah and Matt walked arm and arm as Pierre and Kol walked next to each other in a quiet, but heated discussion and of course Elijah and Claire leading the way to the parlor.

Before Klaus could leave the dinning hall I stopped him by standing in front of him.

"What's wrong love?" Klaus asked with concern in his deep blue eyes.

"Don't 'love' me," I spoked pointing my finger at him. "You just volunteered to stay when we could of left." I said in a 'duh' voice as if the problem wasn't clear enough.

Klaus smirks at me. "You really think Claire was going to let us leave without a fight and if not now she would find another time to get her revenge on us when we would least expect it."

"Revenge? For what?" I threw my arms in the air.

"That is the million dollar question." Klaus smiles at me. I shake my head and laughed slightly.

"I feel like that isn't the only reason you volunteered to stay..." I added tilting my head at him.

"What do you mean love, of course that is the only reason." He answered me in his British accent. "Keeping you safe is my very first priority whatever the consequences are."

My heart stopped. And for two reasons.

One, because he cared about me so much that he would do anything for me and the second reason is because he cares about me so much he would do anything for me.

Yeah.

They are the same reasons.

I am so lucky to have him and for him to care and love me as much as I love him.

Klaus is capable of anything though. If someone or something makes one wrong move to jeopardize me or my safety he will kill.

Kill anyone.

And when I say kill I mean Slaughter.

Slaughter.

That is why I am scared

That is what I am scared of.

That is why I didn't tell him I loved him because I knew he would make sure over everything that I would be safe no matter what.

I gave him a half smile.

"Did I say something wrong?" He asked.

"No...no." I answered too quickly.

"Shall we." Klaus said after a minute putting his arm out. I smiled at him and take his arm.

"How can anyone compete with you." I stated cracking a smile.

"They can't."

Klaus POV

We stood in the parlor sipping on our drinks and making polite chitchat like any normal people would do at a dinner party.

It was bloody boring.

"Pierre, how is Mystic Falls treating you?" I asked hoping to start something, an argument sounds fun.