Chapter 28

Playlist:

So far away-Mary Lambert

Klaus POV

I am laying in my bedroom in Caroline's house next to her master bedroom. I guess that means the whole safe house bit is over now.

I can't sleep knowing she is just in the other room. However, I talked to Caroline and she said she wanted to take it slow and her wish is my command.

Soon enough it was morning, not that I slept at all, I don't sleep much anyways.

I was up in the kitchen already cooking breakfast. Hopefully this is how you make breakfast. You'd think someone who is over one thousand years old would know how to cook. It can't be too hard. I put a jug of orange juice in a glass pitcher and made coffee. I at least know how to make coffee. I set the table with the new China I got for Caroline's house. Right as I was about to get Caroline I saw her come downstairs. She was still in her pajamas. She was wearing silky short shorts and a silky top with a fuzzy robe. Her hair was a beautiful mess and she had no makeup on.

She looked perfect.

"Oh uh Klaus...I thought you would be gone by now?" Caroline asked trying to fix her hair and she wrapped her robe across her body.

"Well I thought since it was your first morning you should have a decent breakfast." I stated. "I can leave....if you want me to?" I asked gesturing towards the door.

"No." She said firmly. "Your...perfect." Caroline smiled putting her hand on my chest and giving me a small kiss. "So what'd you make?" She asked as I followed her to the kitchen. Right as she walked in she stopped moving. "Klaus.." She breathed.

"Well I don't know how to cook but I am hoping the coffee will make up for the bad food." I said grabbing two mugs and filling them with coffee.

"Klaus I am only having breakfast." Caroline said. I gave her a confused look. "You put the orange juice in a glass pitcher, you put out the good china." She kept on talking but I didn't understand where she was going.

"I don't understand."

"Klaus, you and your family are beyond wealthy and you eat and drink everything in the best china you can find." Caroline started. "Usually if I even have breakfast in the morning which I rarely do I use plastic plates and cups, I keep the orange juice in its original container." Caroline giggled a little.

"Oh....so...—" I started.

"It's amazing." Caroline said giving me a kiss on the cheek. "But Klaus..." She looked at the bacon and pancakes I prepared. "Maybe I should cook next time." She laughed. I rolled my eyes and shook my head at her as I took a sip of my coffee.

Caroline POV
Klaus puts so much effort to make sure everything is perfect for me and the part I don't like about it is that I don't feel like I deserve all the effort he puts into everything he does for me.

"Caroline?!" I heard Klaus shout for me downstairs.

I was getting ready to go to the Michelson's mansion tonight. Claire, of course, thought it would be great if we all had a dinner party tonight. I guess I could use a little more socializing. Ever since Elena saw me with Klaus she hasn't been communicating with me, same as Bonnie which most likely means that Elena has told Bonnie. I should apologize to them but as soon as they found out that I admitted to being in love with Klaus and we have been...together, I don't think they will be happy at all. Maybe I should just wait a little...longer.

"I'm almost ready!" I said as I finished my last curl and added a little hairspray. I decided to put on a tight, but elegant red dress with a black bow around the side of my waist. I also added black stilettos along with them. Last but certainly not least, accessories I put on two black beaded bracelets on my right wrist and one red beaded bracelet on my left.

I looked around the room for the ruby necklace that Klaus gave me. I specifically wore this outfit so I could wear my necklace.

"Love, we are going to be late!" Klaus shouted once more.

Guess I will have to go without. I sighed as I walked down the stairs.

"You look gorgeous." Klaus breathed.

"I was going to wear the ruby necklace you got me but-" I started, however Klaus was holding it in his hand in front of him. I smiled at him.

"Never going to miss a chance to put a beautiful piece of jewelry on my beautiful girlfriend." Klaus stated.

"So I'm your girlfriend now?" I question with a hand on my hip.

"I mean..." Klaus got quite, its as if his ego has shriveled up.

"Don't get so excited about it now. Of course we are going steady." I said with a smirk. Klaus rolled his eyes as I turned around for him to put the necklace on.

"Perfect." Klaus whispered as his fingers lingered in my neck. His fingers slowly touched my neck. I slowly turned around facing him. He turned his attention away from my neck to my face. I just stared into his eyes of blue pools. As he stared back his hands wrapped around my waist and pulled me close. Just his touch made me shiver. "I love you Caroline." Klaus spoke quietly. I didn't reply I just wanted to savor the moment of my boyfriend telling me he loved me, his eyes and hands showing me how much he did love me.

"I love you Klaus."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry about being inactive...:/

Hope you enjoyed! And trust me I missed them. (Meaning Caroline and Klaus)

Don't forget to....

Comment!

Vote!

Follow!

Share!

Love you all my beautifuls!

Nellie Raye