Chapter 34

Playlist:

Mona Lisa- Sabrina Carpenter

(Let me know how you like the song...)

Caroline POV

After the dinner party Klaus and I headed back to our house.

Our house.

God we sound like a married couple.

Married couple.

Okay I just said that...moving on.

When we got back home I immediately changed out of my clothes and took a hot shower. I love the feeling when you stand in the shower and you can feel the hot water running down your back and your chest. Then you breathe in the steam from the shower clearing your lunges out.....except I am not breathing.

Not really.

I am dead.

Sometimes I think about being human and how I am never going to grow anymore. This is all I get I don't get to see what I will look like when I am in my 30s or when I am old.

I won't get to see what my kids look like....

I turn off the shower stopping myself from thinking about it too much. I snatched a towel off the hook and wrapped it around myself. Lastly I put an extra towel on top of my head, my blonde hair bundled up in the towel, in a way to make my thick hair dry quicker. I walked out into my bedroom to my dark wooden dresser getting out a pair of blue and white shorts and a blue tank top. Once I was dressed I took my hair out of the towel tossing it into the laundry bin in the corner of the room. After I tossed them in the bin I got out a pair of white cabin socks hoping that my feet don't get too cold tonight. I have a terrible problem with cold feet. My feet are always cold. Even when I have socks. Sometimes for some magical reason my feet get warm over night under all the blankets, but that will only happen if I have socks on. If I don't they are still cold. 

I pulled my hair to one side of my head as I could feel excess water dripping down my back making me shiver with the dampness of my tank top. I looked at my golden hair already starting to curl into big ringlets. I started to imagine Klaus running his fingers through my hair as he touches my pale cheek lightly with his free hand. As I look into his ocean eyes I lean toward him wanting to feel his lips on mine. Suddenly he puts a finger on my lips stopping me.

"Not yet." He whispered to me.

"Then when?" I whined at him.

Unexpectedly I heard a knock on my door shaking me out of my little daydream. I stand up and cleaned up my appearance ruffling my hair up a little and flipping my hair to one side making it have a little bit of volume, trying to make my self look a little presentable. I open the door and Klaus looks up at me his hair damp from a shower with a fresh smell radiating off of him. He smelled earthly like pine and vanilla. He didn't say anything at first she just stared at me.

"Hi.." I said braking the ice. I spoke nervously a little embarrassed looking at him since I just imagined him and I...having a moment?

"Hello," He spoke his British accent almost making me fall into him right then and there, "I just wanted to make sure you settled in okay."

"Um...yeah I just took a shower I was about to head into bed." I said uncomfortably holding the door with my hand and pointing to the California King bed behind me with the other hand. He nodded at me pushing his lips together in a fine line

"Okay..I'll see you tomorrow." Klaus said awkwardly, almost as bad as me. I didn't think Klaus could even be close to the word awkward. He has always been so...sophisticated. Arrogant and annoying, yes, -I love that about him somehow- but not awkward. Klaus turned to go to his own room.