S I X

✨You are so much more than a body✨

You are so much more than a body

I told Jade everything. About what he said, about how I felt- everything. But she never gave me her response, she told me she didn't know what to say to this. And I don't blame her, I feel the same way. Speechless. He didn't make me feel insecure but I don't feel secure either.

The things that Jade said to me about not having my firsts... it did take a toll on me. I was afraid to do any of this stuff. Afraid to kiss a boy because I knew I'd end up hurting by him. Afraid to have my first time with a boy because I knew I wasn't ready to give myself to someone, afraid that he'd laugh when he takes off my clothes. The thoughts- they were poison all along in my mind in the form of anxiety. I hated every second of it.

Seven days pass, we had fun on this trip. I had fun but there were moments when I genuinely couldn't stop thinking about him. Couldn't stop thinking about what he said. He didn't text me and I didn't either.

X

It was the last day. Last day of Bastia.

We had just woken up and were having breakfast in the hotel dining room. I ate a bite of my egg and Jade asked "So, what do you wanna do on this last day?" I took a sip of my coffee and said "I don't know. What do you wanna do?" She rolled her eyes, pointing her butterknife at me while chewing on a bacon "Lana if I knew what I wanted to do I wouldn't have asked you." I smiled, raising my white cup towards her as cheers "Sarcasm at eight in the morning. That's a new record, Jade." She snorted and there was a comfortable silence between us for a while.

Then she said, "I wanna do something spontaneous."

"And what is spontaneous in your dictionary?"

"Loads of things! I haven't kissed a Corsican boy yet."

"And that matters how?"

She pulls her skinny leg up against her chest, adjusting in her seat. Something she did when she was ready to explain her deepest thoughts to me "Imagine. Late night in Bastia- thirty-six hours before we get into our flight-" I looked at my watch and said, "Thirty-five." She stares at me with an expression of boredom "Will you let me finish?" I snicker "Please, continue." Grabbing my warm coffee cup and leaning against my seat, ready for her like she will tell me a story of a lost treasure or something.

"Thirty-five hours before we get into our flight. You go to a club to enjoy your last night in a sexy shimmery dress, dancing your heart out. Dancing to the last night of freedom before you need to get back home and start getting ready for college." She spoke like a damsel in distress "And as you dance, a man shows up handing you a drink. A pink glittery drink with a pineapple stuck to the brim of the glass and a pink umbrella- flower patterned. You ask the guy about who gave you that drink but he just points it at this sexy guy at the bar. Wearing a white shirt that shows off his tan-sexy chest. In blue jeans with those long muscle legs. A chain around his neck that makes you curious. His sapphire blue eyes seem to be staring into you. Into the parts where you keep all your secrets hidden. He makes his way towards you on the dance floor and dances with you all night. You don't know each others names but yet, you feel like you've known each other for centuries."