T W E N T Y O N E

✨Your laugh is too much for my heart sometimes ✨

Your laugh is too much for my
heart sometimes

"I'm sorry for that." Says Harvey as we finish up dinner and wine. I smile "I don't think this is something you should apologize to me for, Harvey." He sighs and pushes his hand inside the pocket of his slacks "I know, but I'm still sorry."

We stood near the front door, saying goodbye to everyone. Nick was gonna ride with us back too... Harvey offered. Amanda smiled at me "You should come here often, Lana. It was nice spending time with you." I nod "Of course." Chloe grabs a hold of my arm "We should have a sleepover together. A girl's night. You could invite your friend Jade too. I loved that girl." I nod again. I looked at Harvey because I wanted to go home now but his dad stops him "Harv, come with me for a second. I need to show you something." He nods and passes his car keys to Nick "Start the car for me. I'll be down." He looks at me and I answer "I'll wait for you in the car, okay?" He looks at his brother and then at me with a smile that did not reach his blue eyes but he nods anyway.

I needed to get out and get some fresh air. The tension between Mr. Blackstone, Harvey, and Nick was suffocating enough for the day.

I said my goodbyes and walked out with Nick to the elevator. He kept his distance from me. By his face, I could tell he was exhausted too. He suddenly asks "So how was it meeting your boyfriend's family?"

My boyfriends? Not his brothers? Wait, am I Harvey's girlfriend now? Huh?!

I nod "They're nice people, Nicklaus." His face scrunches in distaste "Don't call me Nicklaus. My family calls me that when they're cross at me." He looks at me "I don't wanna hear that from your lips, Curvy." My lips part as our gaze met. His eyes looked sad... tired. Like some wounded puppy. He turns his head as the lift opens and we make our way out.

He unlocks the car and I sit in the passenger seat and watch him as he takes out a cigarette and puts it between his teeth, lighting it. He gets in the driver's seat and starts the car. I almost choke because of the smoke in the car and he apologizes "Sorry." And gets out. Closing the door. Taking a drag of his cigarette, he cranes his neck up and then puffs out the smoke. His head turns to the side as he watches the elevator door slide open and it's Harvey. He doesn't pay attention to me in the car but walks to Nick and stands in front of him. They talk about something but by the expression on Harvey's face, it looks heated. But at the same time, Nick makes it look like it's nothing at all. Harvey grabs his cigarette and throws it on the floor, smashing the burning stick under his shoe, and then walks past Nick, to me.

He opens the car door and as soon as he inhales, he sighs and says to Nick "Did you have to smoke in my damn car, Nicklaus?"

He's pissed.

My gaze went to Nick as he shakes his head with a smile as if saying 'I told you so.'

X