E L E V E N

✨You make me nervous and I love every minute of it✨

You make me nervous and I love every minute of it

A week passed and working with Harvey Blackstone was a little less stressful. We got to know each other a bit.

I went to his office and said "The Italian Fabrics will be here in ten minutes. Are you ready?" He shrugs "I'm kinda nervous about them."

"Nervous?"

"They're a big deal for the company. Their six year contract came to an end two days ago. Today is the day when they decided if they wanna keep working with us. If they say no, many people could lose their job. And I'm not ready for that."

I shifted on my feet and thought twice before asking "You want company for some time?" He stayed silent like he wanted me to explain what I meant. "Before meetings, even your dad gets nervous. No matter what kind they are. So I kept him company with juice from the mini-fridge that we shared or we used to start playing chess and then go to the meeting in the middle of the game and then come back to finish it." He shakes his head understanding "I like the idea of sharing juice right now." I smiled and walked to the mini-fridge that was stalked with different kinds of juice. From orange to guava and avocado. I asked, "Which one?"

"Apple, please."

I grab the juice and make my way towards the small trolley that had water and extra crystal glasses. Grabbing two and making my way back to him, I poured half and half in both the glass and kept his on the wooden coaster and mine on the extra coaster on the table beside me. He mumbles a thanks and takes a sip "Please talk to me about something random and take my mind off this meeting for the next seven minutes."

"Random things? Like what?"

"I don't know. Anything."

"Hmm"

"Do you like donuts?"

I almost choke on the juice because we hadn't talked about the accident at all. Clearing my throat I ask "What do you normally do when you're stressed?" trying hard to change the subject. He says "I don't know. I've never been a stress-taker. And when I'm usually am stressed, I just push it down and move on."

"Push it down and move on? Seriously? I refuse to believe that a man like you is not a stress-taker."

He almost laughs "I'm serious!"

"Oh, so you never been stressed in exam season? Or when you go to a job interview? Or when meet a girl for a date?"

He smiles "No. I was more of the guy who was desperately waiting for exams or tests because I was always ready for it. I was kind of a nerd. And meeting a girl- never. Because when I come across a topic that we could both be interested in, I keep putting pressure on that for the rest of the night. And as the job interview goes, I got my master's degree and then I started taking care of my dad's branch in California. That's literally it."