F O R T Y T H R E E

✨I hate being your friend

I hate being your friend. But it's better this way because I need you in my life

I can't move. At all.

He goes downstairs and then comes back up after five minutes. Grabbing my hands, he pulls me up, helping me stand up and walk down the stairs with him. Both of us were butt-naked.

He takes me to the bathroom and as we walk through the door, I smell vanilla instantly. His smell. Surrounding in every place. The bath was running and I see a bath bomb unfurling in the water. Making fluffy soap suds on the surface of the water.
Kissing my temple, he helps me in and it is a warm bath, perfect temperature, and helps me sit down. I groan as it relieves some ache in my core and he chuckles. I snap "This is all your fault!" He laughs this time "It's yours too. Who told you that you could find my sweet spot?" My gaze goes to the side of his neck- to the hickeys and I've never been more proud of. They were reddish-purple-like bruises. At least nine of them stained his skin.

That was me. I, Alana, gave Nicklaus Hickeys. And I'm proud of that. Really.

He crouches down, his hands on the ledge of the tub. Kissing me with a smile, he says "You are one in a million." I ask "Why do you like me so much?" He doesn't even think his answer "I don't. My heart does." I snort at that illogical reply. "How can you like me so much when I haven't liked myself in twenty-seven years?" And then a look comes across his face. The same look I saw in Corsica in his apartment. The look when he stormed into the bathroom and asked me if I needed a hug.

The same made me fall for him. I'm in love with Nicklaus Darkling. I'm in love with a man that has been in my head for seven years. Eight actually because I'll be twenty-seven in two weeks.

I put my hand on his and say "Get in with me." He smiles and I push myself forward, making place from him. He gets in the tub and I rest my back on his chest. Loving his hold around me and laughing that he doesn't fit in the tub. He's too tall. His legs bend while I completely fit like the tub was made for short people like me.

I smile when I notice the cold water bottle at the edge of the tub where he kept his shampoo bottles "That for me?" He wraps his arms tighter "I don't want you to pass out like that time, Curvy." I stretch to get to the bottle and get back in position. Opened the cap and took a sip but never gulped it down. I get to my knees -barely- and push his head back against the tiled wall behind him. Taking advantage of the height difference as I lean down and press my lips down. Transferring the water from my mouth to his. Like he does all the time and lick the drop on his bottom lip. He smiles and I kiss his smile too.

He asks "Round eleven?"

X

NICK POV

I'm the first one to wake and smile when I notice I'm wrapped in her arms. My head pressed to her chest.

I finally have her and I couldn't be happier in life.