T W E N T Y E I G H T

✨When I'm with you, I'm happy

When I'm with you, I'm happy.
When you kiss me, I blush.
When you wrap your arms around me, I wanna stay in them forever.
But why do I still think about someone else?

Arms tighten around me and something pressed against my chest that woke me up. I look down with half an eye open and see Nick pressing himself to my chest. His face against the bare skin of my neck. His breathing was soft and calm. And his nose tickled lightly whenever he'd move just a little. My arms were wrapped around him, my hand in his wet hair. I pulled away just a little so I could look at him. His eyes were open as if he was lost in his thoughts. When he felt me move, he looks up at me and smiled. Eyes like sweet honey from the sunlight coming through the window above. Lashes thick and dark as well as his brows. Wet hair brushed back neatly.

I don't think I've ever noticed him up close before. Not this close and not under proper light. Never noticed the faint freckles across his nose.
He smelled like mint and vanilla.

How could this man be so beautiful and yet, so cold- distant sometimes?

He says "I wanted to wake you up hours ago but when I laid beside you, you just pulled me into you. And then I didn't want to move." He closes his eyes "I still don't." My heart raced and he presses his head to my chest and say against it "Five more minutes, okay? Just five." I feel him take in a deep breath and then exhale through his nose which made my chest feel tight. My gaze fall to his bareback and I noticed it for the first time. A huge scar went from his shoulder blade to the middle of his back.
I don't think I saw this seven years ago. Or did I just not see it?

I trace my thumb down the scar and wondered if it still hurt. And then there was a tattoo. A saying in Italian I think. It was in red ink across his shoulder blade where the scar starts. Looked like a sentence. It said: 'Il rimedio al dolore è non ricordarlo'
I ask "What does it mean?" He just hums "Your tattoo- what does it mean?" He answers without moving "Il rimedio al dolore è non ricordarlo. It means, the remedy of pain is not to remember it. It's an Italian proverb." And then I got curious about his other one "And the one across your collarbone?" He answers simply "Veni. Vedi. Vici." He pulls back and looks at me while translating "I came. I saw. I conquered."

"Another Italian proverb?"

He nods his head.

We hear a mewl and look at a black cat looking down at us from the window. He smiles and lets go of me, sitting to his knees and opened up his window, letting the cat jump from the ledge and right onto his pillow and then crawling up to his thigh and muzzle her ear against the skin of his stomach while he just pets her with a smile on his face. I ask "Is she yours?" He shakes his head "No, I saw her behind the dumpster when I moved in and offered her a can of tuna and a lot of love. She hasn't let me go since then." I tell him "You do know that pets aren't allowed in this building, right? You didn't read it in the contract?" He looks at me, leaning close with a smile spread across his lips. His voice was low and deliciously euphoric "Are you gonna tell on me, curvy?" I shake my head and look down. His hand rested on my cheek, the swipe of his thumb makes me look up at him as he leans and gently- in the softest way- presses his lips on mine. Kissing me. I think the cat went down from his lap when he delicately pushes me on my back and hovers over me. His kisses got deeper that it became harder to breathe. He pulls on my leg, silently telling me to wrap it across his hip. He taps on the other one and I obey, wrapping my legs around his waist.
He puts his weight on me and we became closer. I moan and he smiles into the kiss.
I put my thumb on his lips to stop him but he kisses it and then pulls away "Do we have to stop?" I shake my head "We need to stop. I'm cheating on him."