F I F T Y T W O

✨Do you love me so much that you're ready to be vulnerable?✨

Do you love me so much that you're ready to be vulnerable?

I wake up to my phone vibrating under my pillow. Don't even see the caller ID that I accept the call "Hello?"

"Are you home?"

I pull the phone from my ear to look at the caller ID 'Harvey💙' and then put it back to my ear, hardly making sense of any sentences because that's how much high on sleep I was "W-w-what? Hello?" He asks again "Are you home?" I take in a deep breath and sit up, running my fingers through my hair "Why?"

"I need to see you. Please?"

Taking a second to carefully construct my answer, I end up saying "No."
He sighs "Please. Just let me see you."

"I'm telling you no."

"You either come downstairs and meet me at the cafe or I will come up and bang the door nonstop till you let me in."

"Jade is at home."

"I'll take the punch if I get to see you right now. Come down."

"Do whatever you want. I don't wanna talk to you."

"Fine. Just remember that this is all because you're being too stubborn right now."

"What?"

And then I hear the banging on the door. Scared that it'll wake Jade and Chloe up, I crawl out of bed and run to open the door.
His phone was at his ear as was mine. A deep purple bruise formed on his pale cheek. Eyes red with exhaustion. He looks down at me and I follow his gaze to realize I was in an oversized shirt and yellow panties with a sunflower right in the middle.
Clenching  my thighs together, I ask "Is there a reason why you're bothering me at seven in the morning?" It takes a moment for his gaze to travel back to my face as he puts his phone inside the pocket of his jacket and asks "Can I come in?" I try to use Jade as an excuse again "You want me to wake up Jade?" He tilts his head with a blank expression that said he won't fall for that at all "We both know you won't, Lana. Let me in."

Sorry, Jade.

I open the door wide enough for him to walk in and he doesn't even look at the couch, making a beeline to my room. I sigh and follow him after closing the door.
Once I'm in, I close the door to my room and look at him with my arm crossed over my chest "What?"
What I don't expect is being pulled in his arm. One arm wrapped around my waist and the other hand cradled the back of my head against his chest. He says against my hair "I'm sorry. I know I had no right to be outside the building and just pull you into me. I was just scared, Lana." He pauses and I feel against my cheek how he fills his lungs with air and then sighs through his mouth "I know that you chose him and I know that your feelings for him are stronger than your feelings for me, but," I pull back to look up at him, his blue eyes glossy with tears "I don't want you to choose him. Call me selfish— call me a bastard... I love you, Lana." He takes my face between his large warm hands "Don't choose him. Don't believe whatever he says." I step away from his touch and ask "Is that why you're here? To pit me against him?" He shakes his head "No! Never."