T H I R T Y T W O

✨I forget to put air in my lungs when I'm with you

I forget to put air in my lungs when I'm with you.

I looked at the stairs that lead to his loft after I locked the door on my way out. Some kind of weight rested upon my chest. Pushing on my heart. I knew he wasn't gonna come down. He wasn't here. He was somewhere I don't know.

Taking a deep breath in, I walk down and out of the building. Ready to start a new day and ready to get back to work.
For some reason, I didn't have it in me to get to the cafe and get myself the usual. I just sat in the car and drove off. That's it.

X

Even though I was at work on time, Harvey wasn't.

Must've been running late.

I set the files in his office, I made sure to put the kettle on for his cappuccino, and I made sure that his schedule was perfect for the day with loads of breaks between the meetings.

I go back to my little office and set my iPad on the desk, sitting in the chair to get started for the day.

I look up to him walking inside the office and closing the door behind him but he locks it too. Heaving. I ask concerned "You okay?" He licks his bottom lip and nods, stalking to me. I turn my chair to the side when he comes around the desk and gets on his knees in front of me, parting my legs and setting himself between them. He gripped the armrests of my chair and rolled me closer. Crashing his lips on mine, he lowers himself on his calves and wraps his arms around me. Pulling me close. I put my hands on the side of his neck and he even deepens the kiss, making me moan softly. He pulls slightly to catch his breath and whispers my name "Lana." Pinning his lips back on me again. My hands go in his hair, to the back of his head and I clench the soft locks between my fingers gently.

When I tug slightly in his hair, he pulls and lets me catch my breath. He watched with a smile as I heave and put his hand against my cheek, his thumb under my chin- pushing my head against the headrest of the chair, gaining access to my neck. He trails kisses down my neck "Harvey..." he just hums. I could barely speak but I still tried "Harvey, we're at work." He says, his lips brushing against my neck with every word "I don't care." I smile and bite my bottom lip "Mr. Blackstone," he groans "you have a meeting in 10 minutes and I need to get to work."

I gently grab his face and push him out of my neck, fixing his hair as he tries to catch his breath. Putting my hands on his cheek, I peck his bottom lip and say "We can continue this later." His tongue pokes in his cheeks, trying to hide his smile but I could tell how much he loved when I said it because his blue eyes lit up. He leans, brushing the tip of his nose with mine "Should I take this as a yes that you're coming with me to my place so we could cuddle?"

"Will you make last night's pasta for me again?"

He pecks my nose "I'll go grocery shopping right now." I chuckle and rest my forehead against his, closing my eyes. His hand gently grips my jaw as he says "You're beautiful, Alana." I shake my head and pull "You're the only one who thinks that Harvey." He takes in a deep breath "Then let me keep thinking that. And let me keep telling you that." He kisses my brow and stands up "I'm gonna go before my body decides to keep this door locked for the next two hours and throw you on that desk." My jaw drops but he winks and walks out.