T H I R T Y F I V E

✨Why am I famished for your touch?✨

Why am I famished for your touch?

I wake up in his arms.

He had me wrapped in like a burrito. Stretching my neck up, I gaze at his sweet sleeping form that consisted of light snores. And I almost smile at the fact that his one nostril was bigger than the other.

What am I thinking?

I pin a kiss under his chin and he has me squishing against him even more that I groan. It wakes him up. He looks down with his eyes open and pulls me closer till my face collides with his soft chest. I struggle "Harvey. Let me go." He says in his husky morning voice "But you're so warm." He looks down again "And naked. I don't want to."

"We need to get to work."

He whines "We'll be fine. I'm sure your boss will understand the reason for taking another day off."

"And what would the reason be if he asks?"

He takes a second to answer and squishes my face on his chest again "I can't come up with anything. I'm too tired from last night. You kept me up all night." My jaw drops "Me? I did?" I yelp when I feel him pinch my butt "Honesty is not always the best policy, Ms. Stevenson." He lowers himself and buries his face in my neck. I sigh frustrated "Fine. Then let me get up." He wraps his arms even tighter around my waist and says with a muffled voice in my neck "Don't you dare. Not in another two hours." I pin my head back on the pillow and exhale through my nose "Best cuddler in the world, huh?" I feel him visibly cringe and bite my chest. I gasp and then squeal because of the sudden movement and the bite. He says "You promised that you wouldn't bring this up ever again." And I just burst with laughter.

X

He finally lets me go and I had to leave when I turn on my net and see messages from Jade pinging unstoppably. All of them were asking me where I am because she needed me.

Harvey offered to drive me but I denied it and took an Uber to our place. As soon as I walk in the door, the Latino monster runs to me in a basketball shirt and shorts. Mouth filled with last night's pasta I cooked for her before I went to Harvey's. "Where were you?!" She asks and takes my night bag from my hands and rushes me to sit on the kitchen island.
I ask "What's wrong? Are you okay?" She nods "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." And then slaps an envelope on the counter in front of me. I raise my brow and look at her "What is this?"

"Turn it over."

I do as she says and it was a letter of resignation. I suddenly stand up and say "You're quitting?!" She nods with a smile "Oh yeah, baby. I'm giving my notice tomorrow. I'm fucking done with Amelia and her shitty company!"
One, I was glad that Jade was doing this. But two, I worried. What if she doesn't find a job like this one?
She grabs my arms and says "You are a god-sent in my life, Alana Stevenson! You are my fucking angel!" And she kisses me right on my bottom lip. I stand there with the letter in my hand and a shocked look on my face. It's not like the first time she's done this. This was the second time. The first time was when she found out that our toddler dreams of finally moving in together were coming true after high school.