H A R V E Y

✨The second love teaches you to believe in love again✨

The second love teaches you to believe in love again

I picked up the car keys and went out without even caring when Zara tried to stop me. I just said "I need to be somewhere. I promise I'll call you when I get there, okay?" She sighs and lets me go.
I put my jacket over my penguin pajamas and wore my shoes and then I'm out the door.

And then I drive. Without thinking I just drive.

X

I wait for him to open the door. He doesn't come. It took a lot of courage for me to open the door, whispering under my breath "5-9-6-5." It granted me access and I'm in the penthouse.

Everything was dark but I could see the small lamp turned on upstairs. I make my way up and find him with his headphones in, reading a book. He doesn't even notice that I'm in here. Doesn't even know that I'm standing right on the stairs, in his view.
I smile at this man and quietly go near his bed. Getting on my knees silently. Even then he doesn't know. It makes me almost laugh.

I poke on his arm and that gets him to yell a curse and hug his book to his chest, legs curling into a fetal position.
It takes him a moment to realize me and then take his earphone off. He stares blankly for a second "You're real?" My gaze goes to the three beer bottles on his nightstand and then at him. I just nod.
He doesn't touch, doesn't even attempt to except softly poking the tip of my nose with his finger that smelled like popcorn.

Once he believes that it's me, I say "Hi." He was still a hundred shades confused "What are you doing here?" It takes me a moment to think of an answer that why I was here. I didn't even plan to come here. Just read the letter and then I was out the door. But I answer differently "I did not want to be alone."
He keeps his book and his earphones on his nightstand, next to the bottles, and then makes space for me on his bed. Pulling off the blanket for me and waiting.

I take off the jacket and let drop it on the floor as I get in his bed. He covers me with it and turns off the lights.
Pulling me closer to his chest and wrapping his arms around me. He pulled it up to cover my arms from the cold but I don't let him as I wrap my arms around his waist tightly. His hand plays with my hair and pats my head gently. Almost puts me to sleep. His scent was one of the most intoxicating things about him.
I press my face to his chest and say "I'm sorry, Harvey." His hand stops and it felt like he forgot to breathe for a second until he looks down at me and waits for me to continue "I'm sorry I hurt you. I'm sorry I cheated on you. I'm sorry you fell in love with me." He kisses the top of my head and I wince slightly "You can hurt me as much as you want and I'll still love you, Alana. I will tell you this a million times and I will never tire of it." He pauses "Look at me." I shake my head against his chest but he grabs my chin and pulls my face up. I don't open my eyes but he speaks softly with love laced in his voice "Look at me, Lana."
I open my eyes and his face becomes blurry as I start crying.
He leans lower, his warm breath against my lips. He moved so slowly as if he was scared of ruining this moment. Scared that I might push him and just run away. This familiar feeling starts burning my chest, the familiarity that was Harvey. He whispers on my lips "Can I kiss you?" I pull in a breath through my mouth and scrunch his shirt in my fist. My breathing became irregular. My head getting dizzy. My body wanted this so badly but then I said "Do you still wanna kiss after everything I did to you? Do you still wanna love me after I broke your heart?" He says with confidence and a grunt "Yes." And gently pressed his lips on mine. I make a soft sound that makes him press his lips even more over mine. His head tilt as he deepens the kiss and wraps his arm around my waist. Pulling me as much as he could against his warm body.