F O U R T Y F O U R

✨You'll know the truth soon

You'll know the truth soon. You'll hurt too. But I'll be there to tend to your wounds

HARVEY POV

I wait for him in the coffee shop, sipping on black strong bitter coffee that woke all my senses in this cold weather.
Tapping on the screen of my phone, I look at the time above Alana's picture on my lock screen and he was fifteen minutes late.

Typical, Nicklaus.

I torture myself with stupid questions wondering where he was. Was he with Alana? Was he kissing her goodbye? Was he fucking her goodbye? I didn't fucking know. Alana breaking up with me has fucked my head in more ways than I can't count. And not because she's not with me but because she's with him. That son of a bitch step-brother of mine. A horrible person that should just go away from her life.
He didn't deserve her. Hell, even I didn't. But he did not.

I take the last sip and as I'm about to stand up, the door opens and he walks in. He hadn't changed at all. Still painting. Still thinks that he can win whatever I have.
His face is blank as it has always been since the day we met and he sits on the opposite seat "What do you want?" My hand rests on the table, turning the wooden stirrer between my finger, and get straight to the point "Why Lana?" He exhaled "Because seven years ago-"

"I don't give a fuck about the rehearsed answer. I give a fuck about now. Why Lana?"

He tilts his head and smile, resting back in the chair "Are you jealous, Harvey?" Even when he said my name I hated it. "Are you jealous that she broke up with you so she could have me?" He waits and puts it all together "The stench of your jealousy is my pleasure, Harvey. It always has been." He puts his elbows on the table and leans in with a smile, and it takes all my strength to not knock him on his ass.

That manipulative smile of his always fucked up everything around me.

"Nicklaus, if you're using her against me for some personal vendetta, I swear to god-" he shrugs "Who says that? Maybe I'm attracted to her. Maybe I'm playing her. Maybe I'm playing with you. You'll never know, brother." I take a deep breath, my leg bouncing under the table as I warn "Nicklaus, don't mess her up. She's pure and innocent. Don't bring her into this. You know how amazing she is."

"She's protective of you, you know? Didn't ask me why I hate you so much. She doesn't want you to change in her head. Wants you to be the good guy for all her life no matter what."

My sinks to this and I say "I love her, Nicklaus." He nods "I do too." I shake my head "Not more than me. Nevermore than me. What's it gonna take to send your ass back to Italy so I can have her back? Do you want money? A big expensive place to live? I'll even open up a gallery in your name that you dreamed of, consider it done. Leave her." He smiles "Why would you think that I want money?" And I hold the leverage this time "Because that's why you're here. I know you got kicked out of your apartment. Your art isn't doing well. You have no money. No other place to go. No new ideas. Even the shitty loft you live in belongs to your friend."