F O U R T E E N

✨The universe keeps showing me signs of you and it makes my heart go crazy✨

The universe keeps showing me signs of you and it makes my heart go crazy

I walked in the building where Jade usually practiced. It wasn't one of those lavish type of gyms. More like boxing gyms from the 80s with rusted machines and broken tiles. It smelled like piss and sweat 24/7. The only reason Jade loved this place was because she felt like Rocky.

Even though this gym was old, it was packed with bodybuilders and those small level UFC fighters. She was the only girl in the gym and it did worried me when she first joined but I stopped when I saw her punch a guy across the face when he tried to touch her without her consent. Since that day, we haven't seen that guy at all.

She practiced in the ring with her new trainer Louis. He was actually the owner of this gym, how he accepted to train her was beyond me. Because she wanted him to train her from the start and got rejected many times.

I guess thirteenth time was the charm.

Louis was a tall dark skinned man with a naturally white hair that was in dreadlocks down his shoulders. His build was muscular and he looked like he was in his 30s when actually he was in his mid 50s.

He instructed her "Kick!" She kicked on padded gloves he wore on his hands to protect him from injury. The kick was hard that I knew if it was me on the other end of it, I would be hospitalized in a heartbeat. He tried to attack her with the padded gloves across her head but she was fast enough to duck and punch across the shoulder paddings he wore. She was stronger that I caught him loose his footing but he was quick enough to regain his balance. Again, he tried to attack with the padded glove, but she locked her foot behind his and with all her strength, she pushed him down in the middle of the ring and used her body to keep him down with an arm across his neck until he slapped the floor thrice to say he gave up. She got up and took no time in helping him up either.

As soon as her gaze landed on me, she smiled "Did you see that?! I beat his ass!" Louis chuckled "No, you did not. I went easy on you." We both looked at him and he started laughing "Okay, I lost my footing." I kept staring at him because he knew I caught his lie "Shut up, Lana!" I laughed at him and took out the fresh juices I bought for them with home-made Quinoa protein burritos. The burrito was thick and giant just like Jade liked. I offered one to Louis and he took it with an appreciative smile on his lips. I said "Oh, I almost forgot!" I took out a Tupperware of fresh fruit salad and handed it to him "I got this for Liza." He smiled and shook his head "That babe has you wrapped around her finger." Jade laughed "It's your fault. You know how obsessed she is with your daughter."

Liza was Louis' six year old daughter and she was so nice. I even babysat for him sometimes when he was busy with training his fighters. I handed him the cold fresh orange juice and he smiled again "Thank you, Alana." And made his way to the small cubicle which was known as his office.