F O R T Y T W O

✨Break my heart into tiny little pieces and still  I will never stop loving you✨

Break my heart into tiny little pieces and still I will never stop loving you

My sleep is disturbed by soft wet strokes on my back. I open my eyes and I could watch through the mirror how he was sitting up, bent at the waist. Lazily drawing something on my back with a sharpie. I didn't know whether to move or not. I ask "What are you doing?" He looks up at me- through the mirror- and smiles "I couldn't sleep."

"And you decided to use me as your human canvas?"

"Yes. I just wanted to see how it looks on your back."

"What does?"

"You'll know soon." He gets back to drawing and says without looking up "I made something on your hip too." My brow raised and I twist my lower body just a little "And what is that supposed to be?" It looked like he filled my stretch marks with black ink. He sniffs and holds me down by a gentle hand on my arm so I wouldn't move "I thought they looked like lightning." It did look like it. Some lines were thicker than the others. It looked as if I was struck by lightning itself and my skin just absorbed the bolts.

I liked it.

"You're drawing the same on my back?" He shakes his head "No. A butterfly." I raise my eyebrows, impressed "A butterfly." He just hums.

I watch him work like that for the next five minutes and then he announces "Done. I'm proud of it. It suits you."

"Can I see it?"

He stretches across from me, grabbing my phone and kissing my cheek. Sitting back in his position and takes a picture. It was a butterfly but not just any butterfly. The wings were on fire "So the butterfly is burning?" He chuckles and lays down behind me, pulling me in his arms and kissing my shoulder "Her wings are made of fire." I turn myself to face him and he smiled even more. Stroking his knuckles gently on my cheek, pushing my hair away from my face "Her?" He nods "She's you. And you're here." He sighs when he knows that I still didn't understand "Her wings are made of fire because she's neither good nor bad. Fire is destructible but it also burns bright in the darkness." He smiles as if he thought I understood it but I ask "So I'm destructible?" He lets out a laugh "No, you destruct people. Like me. You burn bright in my head that nothing else matters."

He traces his finger softly on the outlines of my face. His finger slid down the bridge of my nose. Tracing the outlines of my lips and jaw. His thumb traced my eyebrow. He says under his breath with a smile "Maybe I can finally paint you because you're mine now." He wraps his arm around me and presses his hand on the small of my back, pressing me to him. Kissing between my brows and then the tip of my nose. When his lips get to mine, I stretch my neck a little to capture them but he backs away. A slick smile spreads on his lips. I try to reach for his lips again, and he backs away again, playing me.
I huff and complain "Mean." He smiles and leans toward to my lips but I back away. Not letting him anywhere near them. He tries again but I can't back up this time. His hand presses on the back of my head and his lips crush on mine in the deepest kiss ever that sends tingles to my toes.