T W E N T Y N I N E

✨You're my weakness and I'm fine with that✨

You're my weakness and I'm fine with that

I've cheated on a guy that told me I'm his first love with a guy that I met seven years ago and had feelings for. Life is great. Just freaking great!

After Harvey dropped me home, I didn't look left or right, I run inside the apartment without thinking if Nick would be on the stairs or not. I need to stop thinking about him. It's over. He and I- we were never a thing. The other thing just happened.

I dressed in a black shirt and dark blue pants for work. As I fixed the shirt, I said to myself in the mirror "It's Harvey. It's Harvey. It's Harvey." Nodding at myself, I grab my things and walk out of the room. Jade comes out at the same time in her underwear and a loose shirt. An eye open and hair frizzy. I say "I'm going to work." She just nods and walks to the bathroom.

As I lock the door behind me, I walk down the stairs to the cafe at the corner, getting myself a salted caramel frappe with extra cream and caramel drizzle. Collecting my drink from the barista, I turn around and find him walking in. He stops to look at me but I turn my gaze and walk out. Almost power-walking to our car and getting in and driving off.

X

As I park the car, I could see Harvey's Porsche parking at his designated parking space. I get out of the car and walk straight to his, waiting for him to get out as I sip on my coffee. When he does, and buttons the jacket of his dark gray suit, I smile at him and hold out my hand to hold his. He suddenly backs away and says "You need to behave. My girlfriend could be here any moment." At first, I didn't get it at all. But the slightest smile on his lips made me play it along "I wasn't even touching you." He raises his brow "So why you're here?"

"B-because I'm waiting for my boyfriend, Mr. Blackstone."

"Oh? Then why are you at my side of the parking?"

"My boyfriend told me to wait here."

He nods "Your imaginary boyfriend." I get defensive for some reason "He's not!"

"Then what's he like?" He waits for me to answer and I stutter "He's- he's handsome, yeah. And he likes me. And he is- he's prettier than you." I stuck my tongue out at him and he bursts into laughter, grabbing my face, and says "You're so cute." Kissing me. He says against my lips "You taste like caramel." I hold up my drink to show him and he leans in, taking a sip and then backing away with a scrunched nose "Too sweet." He hated sweet coffee. I ask "What was that all about?" He blinks and then realizes "I was just excited to see you and when I saw you pull up, I wanted to play with you a little." He giggles. I snort "You sound like twelve years old."

"Correction; a happy twelve-year-old."

He holds my hand and we make our way to the front of the building. He lets my hand go and we walk in together to the elevator.
Once the doors slide close, we stay quiet without even moving.
Going out of the elevator, we walk straight my to his office and suddenly, he shakes his arms around my stomach and pulls me against his front, kissing my cheek and then letting me go. Shaking my head at him, I ask "You're having a lot of fun with this, aren't you?" He doesn't deny "Oh, I do. I like all the secret ways we kiss. Makes me remind of high school. It's fun." Shaking my head again, I get straight to his schedule for the day "You don't have much. Just two meetings. That's it." He sits on his chair "Not bad for a Sunday. I can go home early then."