N I C K

✨I wish you knew how much it destroyed me when I left

I wish you knew how much it destroyed me when I left. How much it still destroys me to be away from you

2022

Everyone moved on except for me. I could never move on from Nick. Even though Harvey tried many times, politely asking to give him another chance but I couldn't do it. My heart wouldn't stop hurting for Nick. How he left me without saying anything at all.

We were like an unfinished sad story.

Micheal deeply fell in love with Zara but she was giving him a hard time. He didn't leave for Italy because Zara was here. He wanted to be closer to her as much as possible. He called himself 'Un pazzo innamorato' which I later had to look up on google that meant a fool in love.
Chloe and Jade moved in together in the penthouse. Jade opened up her boutique a week ago with her name written in bold dark green on the board.
And because Jade moved out, I moved somewhere else. To a smaller apartment that kept me happy. It was my space. Private and personal. Felt nice to live alone but I was rarely alone. Every weekend my best friends would be here, eating, talking, and laughing. We moved into bigger places but our sleepovers never ended.

Harvey moved to another city for a fresher start. On his last day here, he said "I love you. And whenever you need me in whatever way, just call and I'm taking the first flight to you." That was three months ago. We still talk sometimes on the phone but that's it.

X

I fixed my lipstick and looked over at myself. Ready for a business dinner which was us four girls. After Harvey left, Zara got promoted and I became her PA. Chloe wanted us four to be in the business together and it was amazing. Chloe's Needle, Jade's Boutique, and Blackstone INC. were the best of friends now because Zara dealt with the fabric Chloe and Jade needed. It was a win-win situation and made our bond even stronger.

I was wearing the dress they all gifted me on my birthday last month. A cute little white dress that hugged my curves and enhanced my breasts. I was the same Lana. Still chubby, still curvy. The only thing that changed about me was I smiled a little less when I was alone.

Forcing the thoughts to go out of my head, I took a deep breath and picked up the car keys. The same car that I bought from Jade after saving up a little. She wanted me to just have it but I wasn't okay with that.
I knew she secretly used the money to give me expensive gifts on every occasion.

My phone kept pinging me with hundreds of messages because my best friends were impatient. I laughed at the picture Zara sent to our group chat of her strangling herself with her scarf because I was late. I open the door and right there, standing in front of me was him.

Nick.

He looked changed by his appearance. Hair grew a little longer that it looked like a mess of gorgeous curls. His face has gotten thinner, sharper. Almost like a barely noticeable mullet. A new piercing on his left earlobe with a thin small silver hoop. He was wearing a black shirt with the top buttons undone, black slacks with the shirt tucked in.
My breathing got caught in my throat when I looked at him. It had been too long since I felt this pain in my chest. Two damn years.