E I G H T

✨Don't be scared to grow up

Don't be scared to grow up. It's not an option. Face it, warrior!

College was a different experience. But better than the high school I must say. I made some friends but not the type that I know will stay with me forever like Jade is. I was happy with the fact she kept to her word for four years straight even if she met and slept with men that I lost count on my fingers, she stayed with me through and through.

The Third-year of college was a disaster for her. She got into a fight with her parents because her dad wasn't happy that she didn't choose law like him. He wanted her to become a lawyer but Jade always wanted to be a fashion designer. Always. Her mother was just happy that Jade was happy. So Jade stayed away from them, their money, and everything else. Even though her father transferred money to my account because he felt guilty. I was in charge of giving her money, making her think it's mine as per his request. But I knew Jade wasn't stupid, she knew about the money, she knew about the red car I bought for us. It was all their money. Even the apartment we lived in, they were paying for it. I told them that they only should pay for Jade but they just smiled and told me that even I was like a daughter to them. My parents didn't mind any of it, they were more than happy with it because Finn was whining about getting married to his girlfriend and Iris found a guy too. Beatrice was engaged and Olivia came out as a lesbian and was happy with her girlfriend, they were living together too.
I got a degree in journalism like my dad. I was always fascinated with the way he'd always smile as he writes on his laptop and now, I understood why. The words had magic to them.

Fourth-year of college was hard for me because dad got into an accident which resulted in him having a wounded leg. His cane was his best friend for the rest of his life but still, he put a smile on his face for us no matter what. Mom was mom. She was promoted as the head nurse at her hospital, which resulted in more income because even though we had moved out, Finn and his girlfriend remained there. He didn't want to move out, he never wanted to live in another place. Nor he ever could because he quits his job every six months for some lame excuses and didn't want to continue his education after high school. The same was his girlfriend. She never went to college and never worked for anything. Beatrice was mad about it but mom was always the one to quiet her down because she knew Finn was happy no matter what. Even though, we tried getting a job for him somewhere because we were afraid he'd knocked up Alex and nine months later, my parents will take care of the baby instead of him or her. But he quite every job we could get him an interview to. And then came his crazy idea about starting his sandwich shop. He even made me try and ask for a loan from Jade's parents but I refused him on the spot. Even if Jade's my best friend and even if her parents are paying everything for me, that doesn't mean I have the right to ask for more. I couldn't and I won't. When Jade heard about the stupid shop idea, she told me to give him the money her parents put in my account but I straight up refused that too. I knew my brother, I knew he was greedy when it comes to food and money.