F O U R T Y F I V E

✨Whenever I'm with you, I feel alive✨

Whenever I'm with you, I feel alive

"Wait, so how did you know about my dad's books?" I ask him as we make our way down the stairs. He replies "Read it. In high school. Mom made me read it so I could have something to talk about with Harvey's dad."

"Did it work?"

"Umm... no."

"Oh."

I see my family sitting in the living room. All the seats were taken. Except for the single chair beside my dad. Letting out a big sigh, I turn around to get the chair from the dinner table but I'm being pulled into Nick's lap. He closes his hands around my stomach and I'm trying to recover from the embarrassment. My sister's gaze was like arrows being thrown at me.
Olivia had her brows raised and Iris just smirked. Beatrice had her wine hand stopped in the air but her expression was completely blank. My dad didn't like it at all but my mom- she's a weird creature, wiggling her brows at me.
Finn was too busy feeding his baby to even notice us.

He takes my arm and drapes it around his neck which makes me bite my bottom lip. I shake my head at him but he just smiles, his arms getting tighter. Even pecked on my chin.

Mom says "I'm happy for my baby. It seems like it was yesterday that my Lana made a guy run away from her." My eyes go wide and everyone laughs at me. The subject certainly piques Nick's interest "Wait... she made a guy run away from her?" Dad snorts "Prom. She went with Jade and this other guy who was cool with taking them both together. Lana stepped at his feet multiple times he ran away and avoided her. Even at graduation." I whine "I'm a bad dancer. And I said I was sorry. I even made him cookies!" This makes Nick chuckle "Why do I not find that hard to believe?"

I whine to mom "Did you have to share that with him? He won't let me live it down." Nick shakes his head "I certainly will never. I need more gossip about her. I need to know everything about teenage Lana." Beatrice pitched in "Has she told you the one time she worked in a yogurt shop? She broke the lever of the yogurt machine and made a mess all over the floor. The manager slipped in the yogurt." I try to make the story better "At least he didn't turn up in the hospital." Nick had his head in my neck, laughing out loud. Even my whole body was vibrating with him.
It was Iris' turn now "Oh, I have a good one." She stands up and walks to the middle of the room so she had everyone's attention "This has got to be my favorite story ever." He looks at Nick "One time, she was five, and lost her first tooth. She was taking a shower that time and her tooth just fell out. Instead of wrapping a towel around her, she ran down the stairs," this gets everyone to start laughing. I hide my face behind my hands because I hated that story "leaving wet footprints on the carpet screaming at everyone that she was happy that she lost the tooth. Running around all over the house. Mom came home and she had to wrap Lana in a towel like a burrito to calm her down." Dad throws his head back with a laugh and takes his phone out. "Wait, I need to show you the picture." I say on the brink of screaming at everyone "Don't show it to him." But he turns the phone to Nick.
Mom held me like I was a giant fish, wrapped in a blue towel. My fallen tooth in my fist and this ugly evil smile on my face. The shampoo is still in my hair.
Nick snorts with a hand on his mouth, bending over, laughing so hard that I thought he'd choke. I pat his back and when he looks at me, his cheeks are red. And I just put my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes, and groaning "Stop laughing." His hand rubs up and down on my back but he never stops.