T W E N T Y S I X

✨I've never believed in love

I've never believed in love. But I'm ready to have my faith in it, if only I have you

I've had bad moments in life and I've had moments where life tried to bite me in the butt. But never where it tried to bite my face. But I guess there's a first to everything, am I right?

Harvey smelled like the salty sea mixed with spices and he was warm with his arm around me. I hugged him back but that quietness remained until he asked "What is he doing here?" I back away from the hug and turn around to Nick eating his breakfast as he watched us. He smiled at Harvey "Hi." And then looked at me, waiting for my to say something. I try to make up an excuse and non came to mind and I found it weird when Nick came to my rescue "I helped her up with some groceries and she wanted to repay me with some good breakfast. Don't look at me with those fussy baby blue eyes, Harv."

Damn, even that lie could've fooled me.

I feel Harvey put his hand flat against my back and says "If you're done, can you leave?" Nick smiles "I'm really not but I'm gonna go. Not for you though. For Lana only." He stands up with the plate and the mug, "I'll give these back you after I'm finished, okay?" I nod still trying to process and then he goes "Can I have yours too?" I answer leaning against Harvey "Y-yeah, go ahead." He takes both the plates and walks past us out the door with a smile of victory on his face.
As soon as Nick is out the door, Harvey closes it and asks me "You okay?" I nod "Why wouldn't I be?" Why is everyone asking me that? First Jade and now him.

I make my way to the kitchen, taking a sip of my apple juice as he speaks "I was just asking, Alana." And sits where Nick was seconds ago.

No, don't call me Alana. Why is it so annoying when Harvey and Nick call me properly by my name? It makes me feel like I'm in trouble and I hate that.

I ask "Why are you here if you don't mind me asking." He pushes his fingers in his hair and I noticed they weren't styled today like they usually are at work. He kept them messy as if that was his natural hairstyle. His hair was jet-black and long. A strand or two always falling on his forehead, almost brushing against his lashes. He wore a pair of black jeans and a dark maroon Henley with the sleeves pushed up to his elbows.

He smiles guiltily "I know we have our date with dinner at my place." I had forgot but I lie casually "Yes, we do." He doesn't meet my gaze at all "I just wanted to see you. Is that so bad?" He grabs me by the belt hoops of my jeans and pulls me between his long legs, looking up at me with a smile, his head tilt back. I ask "You wanted to see me?" He replies "Just wanted to see you." His hands go up from my hip to my back and then up and down, tracing the non-existing curve of my torso while gently pulling me even closer till my chest was closer to his chin. He whispers "Can I?"

"You don't have to ask me every time, Harvey."

"You sure?"

"I'm sure."