Chapter 1

Skylar's POV
"Hey! sweetheart! Get up! We're moving today get your last boxes!" My mom yelled as I dragged myself out of bed.

"Nooooo." I whispered going into the bathroom.

I look horrible... I hopped in the shower for a quick one before packing my shower stuff.

I packed everything and took one quick look in the room.

"I'm gonna miss Texas..." I whispered as I left with my bag and suitcase.

We drove and boarded the plane.

My mom said that they would bring the car with them.
~~~

After while we got off the plane and I sat down so my mom could contact my soon-to-be stepdad.

"Holy shit." I said resting my eyes after I sat down. I didn't get any sleep on the plane and I'm fact I don't sleep very often at all due to school and sports. I play soccer and basketball. Mostly soccer I joined the basketball team but been getting bored of it. So I don't know what's gonna happen in the new town I'm gonna be in.

I could feel myself nearly drift but my mom shook me out of it.

"Hey I know your tired but we need to get inside. After you get your boxes you can sleep." She said softly.

My mom met my step-dad a year ago. It's been 3 years since my dad died of cancer. Before my mom met my step-dad she told me he was a drinker. When he drink he got violent and abused his way to get what he want. Once he met my mom he stopped drinking, which made me really glad.

The soon-to-be stepdad came and picked us up.

"Hey! I'm Alexander! Or call me Alex. Your bedroom is going to be upstairs! My son can show you." He said driving

A boy about 4 years younger then me so about 12 years was sitting right next to me.

"I'm Will!" He said as he had a big smile.

"I'm Skylar but call me Skye if you want." I said as we both smiled together.

~~~
We finally got home and the hours was decent sized for a family of four. We started to un pack and get boxes out of the car that was delivered to us.

I got the last few of my boxes as I laid down on the bed hoping I could catch a little sleep before dinner.

"Sweetheart you want to come with us and look around?" My mom ask as I shook my head no.

I hope school here is way better.

I manage to catch 3 hours of sleep before waking up.

I unpacked everything and hopes of making my room a good vibe. I hung LED lights up and I was done after 6 hours. I checked the time to see it was 1am so I went cooked me ramen and watch a little bit of Shameless before going to sleep.

~~~~~

I woke up the next morning and went on for a run.

I played a playlist and ran down to the beach. I ran along side the coastline until I got tired. I decided to walk and found people playing on a soccer field.

"Soccer? They have a soccer field?" I asked myself as I spaced out.

"Hey watch out!!" Someone yelled getting me back into reality.

A soccer ball was coming straight for my face. I finally put my hands up and caught the soccer ball quickly. Might I forgot... I'm a goalie...

The impact kind hurt due to a hard kick.