Chapter 54

Anna's pov
"Skylarrrr!" I yelled out finding her in the living room.

Since the doctors released her two days ago she's been living with us since her house was basically destroyed. Apparently Alex had burned it down so her mom found a way to live in an apartment but she didn't feel comfortable living in an unsteady place.

Her jaw was still uncomfortable so she would text to communicate with me. The only person she'd communicate with was me not even her mom yet only she texted her every once in awhile to check in with her.

"Hiii." I said and she tried smiling but it was a quick one because she couldn't hold it for long.

Sometimes she's have to use emojis to explain her emotion she was feeling. Like if she was feeling sad she'd put an X on it bc some of the emojis like this one 😭 was used for laughing.

"Wanna go watch a movie?" I asked and she nodded.

Deciding to spoil her for the day I bought popcorn. And she insisted with a drink to share. I couldn't get candy for her even if I could because she could really only eat certain things by her jaw.

So we got a slushee so it could taste a better flavor instead of all the water she's been told to drink. And liquid medicine she's had to wash out with water.

She laid her head on my shoulder but I put the armrest up so she laid against me while I put an arm around her.

Her body felt warm. I put a blanket over us so she wouldn't get cold and her head fell on my chest.

She'd draw some invisible shapes under my sweatshirt but she didn't go farther than where she was now.

Sometimes she would write things like 'ur warm' or 'that character is weird' I smiled whenever she did that.

I could hear her laugh and I wrapped my arm around her waist as she looked at me. I put my hand away out she took it back and placed it where I had put it.

I've smiled at the fact she actually trusts me. I've been a bitch to her for awhile and I hated that I did that but she deserves the whole world and I'm gonna attempt to give her that.

After the movie we found an unusual a car in the driveway. I gripped onto Skylar'a hand as she looked at me.

We walked in to see Ag and a girl standing with her.

"No way and you didn't tell us you were coming?" I said hugging Ag after Skylar did.

"Surpriseeee." She nervously said as her attention went to Skylar.

She noticed the healing cut on Skylar's jaw as turned Skylar's head gently to examine it more clearly.

"He must have cut you deep... I'm sorry this happened to you." She said as she held hands with the other girl.

"Guys I'd like you to meet Kennedy. Kennedy meer Skylar and Anna." She said as we shook hands with Kennedy.

"We were wondering if you'd like to eat out?" They asked but Skylar shook her head no.

"Can we go to a smoothie place?" I asked and Ag shrugged but nodded.

This time Skylar nodded as we got to Ag's car. I chattered with the both of them looking at Skylar who stayed quiet. She looked at the cars out the window and probably enjoyed hearing the road.

I nudged her and she looked at me has I went on my phone.

'Are you okay?' I texted and she replied with 'yep I'm fine' I really didn't believe that but I dropped it. Although my hands bucked over to hers intertwining the fingers.

I think Ag took a look at me doing it because I could just see a smirk on her face.

After we got in getting a smoothie I told Ag she wasn't able talk much and she only communicated through texting and she nodded.

Sitting next to Skylar and Ag as Skylar put her head on my shoulder. She started to draw shapes on my legs with her finger. Unintentionally writing abc's

"Skylar? What are you doing after highschool? Kennedy asked. She actually included Skylar which was really nice of her.

But skylar didn't say anything she just looked at her. She tried opening her mouth but immediately shut it looking away. She was embarrassed by the fact she can't talk and doctor said she would never be able to talk correctly.

"Mmm college?" Kennedy asked and skylar brought her attention back to Kennedy. She nodded and Kennedy smiled.

"Any majors looking forward too?" She asked but once again Skylar didn't reply.

She tried spelling out the letters on the table but they didn't get it but surprisingly I did.

"Art she wants to do art." I said and Skylar nodded.

"Wait you do art? Can I see?" Kennedy asked excitedly.

Skylar brought her phone out and showed her the artwork she snakes and Kennedy was amazed.

"Oh my god you were the girl that made art in the museum!" She yelled and Skylar nodded trying to smile.

I felt bad that she wasn't able to talk as much. But even though it didn't affect skylar that much cause she never really talks. Yet she tries different ways and I smiled at her genuine ideas.

After talking with Kennedy and Ag we went back to my place and offered to let them sleep here for a couple days before going back.

Me and Ag manage to talk and she told me to go for it and asking her out.