Chapter 47

Skylar's pov
I felt the ball flew me back a little landing on the ground. My abdomen I could feel starting to tighten. I couldn't breathe has I felt my vision being fucked. It was dizzy... blurry and I felt myself blacking out.

"SKYLAR!!" I heard when I felt someone's hand.

"Hey it's okay it's just me." She said as I looked at her.

"Look at me..." She whispered as I couldn't see shit except a blurred face. She looked like she was disappearing...

Anna's POV
I lifted her sweatshirt to see Skylar's old marks on her body. The bruise and the scars as I looked at her stomach being all red.

I pressured as she winced at my movement. She cried harder when I tried helping her up. She laid there like she was seeing someone. Like in the sky?

I looked up and my dumbass only found the blue sky. I wrapped Skylar's arm over my shoulder. I held into her waist as it took her down to the lockers.

She walked out of my arms to her locker holding on her stomach. She took some pain killers and drank water to see if it would go down.

"Why don't you sit this game out..." Jade said has I shook my head no.

"She's strong enough to get through this. Just a couple more minutes she'll be out in field in no time." I said and everyone looked at me with worried.

Skylar had went to the bathroom. She lifted her jersey up reveal a painful bruise spot on the middle. I looked down at her light abs... I couldn't take my eyes of her?

"ANNA!! The coach is calling you." I heard as I felt someone pull my hair.

I looked behind to see Jade as I rolled my eyes and went outside.

Jace's Pov
"Hello Jace." I heard turning around to see a familiar man.

"Alex..." I whispered as he nodded.

"I see you met my daughter." He said and I shook my head.

"She's not even your daughter! You decided to marry a girl that so happens to have a daughter. You were never a good dad. And never will be." I said as he got angry.

He took me outside of the stadium as I felt a straight punch. He repeatedly did it when I heard someone yell.

"WHAT THE FUCK!! GET OFF OF HIM!" I smiled and the sound of Skyler's voice.

She practically tackled Alex to the ground. She threw a few punches at his face making it bruise.

"Skylar... Skylar! Stop!" Anna said pulling her off of him.

"Don't disrespect people you don't know. God fuck you. You can't even talk to strangers correctly." Skylar said walking past him.

"Honey! Wait!" He yelled as trying to chase after her.

The last thing we saw was Skylar knocking him out with a punch. She came back with her hands all bloody. She grabbed my shirt dragging me with her.

I looked back at Scarlet who had worry in her eyes. I gave her a thumbs up to reassure her and her worries..

She was mad... and mad Skylar is not to be messed with... she started to treat my wounds on my forehead. My lip and under my eyes.

"Hey Skylar coach wants you. I can take care of him." Scarlet said coming.

"Okay. Here just take this and close them back up." Skylar said walking off.

"And Scarlet... hurt him. And there's a whole word of pain coming for you." She said and and Scarlet gulped at the fact that she might get beat by Skylar.

"Skylar doesn't do that. You have no reason to worry". I said laughing and she nodded smiling.

Skylar'a pov
I wrapped a bandage over my hands. I've ruined the game on the second quarter of the game. I groaned as I met the coach.

"Who was that?" He asked me and I sighed.

"Step dad..." I said and she nodded.

"Have you been through any forms of abuse with him? Making you lose control?" She asked and I laughed.

"Nope. He's just a dick." I said and she looked at me.

"Alright we'll get back in your spot. You playing for the game if you've managed to beat up a grown man." She said and I nodded.

I felt embarrassed by what just happened. I stood in front of the goal as the game started. I kinda just wanted to drink. Forget what just happened. All I need is a drink.

I watched has my teammates did a full play. They succeeded in making a goal. The scoreboard had 2:1 with us in the winning.

Only 22 seconds on the clock as the other team had the ball. They've managed to make I through the defense we had has they kicked it. The narrower their eyes and had a smirking grin on their face.

They positioned to kick the ball to the top left when in reality they kicked to the bottom right.

I managed to read their feet position to know where the ball was going to go.

I dove and the buzzer came aloud. The game ended with us winning. I had the ball in my hands as I looked at the stadium. No one came... except an alcoholic dad who seemed to be having hard time in life. And used that way has an excuse to hit his kids.

I thought I saw Tom in the stands... he waved at me but I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. I snapped out of it has I turned back to reality. Tom wasn't there anymore.

"There's a party happening tonight. Why don't you show up with me. There's alcohol, weed, nic, and it's only the team. And plus you can stay with me." I heard Anna's voice behind me.

Like I said. I need a drink. I nodded and she smiled as she took my hand and we started to pack up.