Chapter 25

Skylar's pov
There was a Gmail has I opened it to see that same contest poster. God can't everyone just leave me alone...

I was frustrated, in pain... and I hated every second of my life... I crawled into the corner of my bed before putting my head down.

I got another gmail that wasn't connected to my school login but to my main account... I just decided to get my mind off things and looked at the message.

There was 378 contestants and some had already submitted a drawing... I looked over at the 300 dollars I had in a jar and stared at it for at least minutes.

Fuck it...

I grabbed my jar of money and got in the car and went to the art supply store. I grabbed a few art supplies such as special pencils, paper, watercolors, and... special color pencils. It all adds up to at least 192$ it wasn't bad...

I went home and cleared off a space on my desk. I wanted to get something done before I went to sleep. I had about 6 hours?

I sat down and grabbed a random pencil to see if I can start sketching something... anything...but nothing came to mind.

I got up and went to the kitchen and search through the cabinets to find Alex's liquor. Seeing some vodka I saw has I took the entire bottle and a glass to my room.

Alex and my mom were out on a dinner date since they haven't had time to spend with each other and Will was playing video games in his room.

I poured me a glass and set the vodka bottle in my closet so he couldn't find it.
I sat down and took a drink and did it over till I got tipsy.

Ideas were swirling in my mind and I got it. I took my pencil and started to draw what my mind made up and it wasn't bad.

 I took my pencil and started to draw what my mind made up and it wasn't bad

The creativity was nice but it was only basic... I wanted to go further... I scrunched up the paper and threw it in the trash before getting another drink.

Those same thoughts were swirling in my mind and again I drew...

I drew and drew till my pencil ran out of led space...

Definitely had a lot more meaning to it but it wasn't quite it

Definitely had a lot more meaning to it but it wasn't quite it... I liked this drawing so I stacked it on the place next to me before starting on the next drawing.

Luckily those thoughts were in my head and I had at least 3 hours left to finish this...

I liked this one. It's creative and full of patterns that caught my eye... get it? (Caught my eye)

It was nothing much but I still didn't like it. I wanted to give up on this contest by now but decided to leave it alone and think up some way else to make the money.

I was about to sleep when I heard a knock on the door. I went down and opened it to see Anna with a bag of food.

"Hey move." She said moving past me.

"Uhh Anna what are you doing here?" I asked and she sat down in the living room.

"Eating. Cause I'm alone and you seem like you are too..." she said as she got the food out.

"What.." I mumbled.

"Anna get out." I said and she stared at me and laughed.

"Cmon... at least for 30 mins.." she said pouting at me.

"Fine." I said as she smiled and patted a spot next to her.

I sat down on the couch next to her as she turned on the tv.

Anna's POV
I was lying. My family was home but I want to figure out what is going on with Skylar.

She isn't herself and I wanna figure it out. I looked at her and she seemed to be tired out... but if you look closer she's seems to be tipsy...

Oh my god is she an alcoholic? No she can't be...

"Have you been drinking?" I blurted out and she looked at me.

"Not your business is it?" She said and I nodded.

She has... she definitely has... oh god what am I doing.

I started eating and tried playing this entire thing off. She wasn't eating too much. She ate at least a quarter and set it in the fridge.

"Alright I ate can you go now?" She asked me and I rolled my eyes and continue to watch tv.

She sat next to me before sighing and I kept eating while she was staring at the tv. I looked over and she was barely about to fall asleep so I wanted a few more to see if she could fall asleep.

Once she did I quiet put my down and went upstairs to check her room. Her room was almost as if there was a tornado came in here...

I looked at her desk and a drawing caught my eye... oh my god... there was a deal of what smelt like vodka in the glass and there was paper spread out everywhere.

I examined the drawing as the patters caught my eyes and the eye itself was quite astonishing and various details.

I looked at her printout on the top of her desk that was that art museum contest.

I snapped a photo just in case if she threw it away. I wanted to show the art teacher. She has talent but chooses not use it. I heard her and the teacher and she refused playing part of the contest.

I walked back downstairs and saw Skylar still asleep. I grabbed her arm and put it I've my neck before having my hand under her legs. I carried her up and set her on the bed and she rolled over.

"I guess... my work is done." I mumbled taking the food and throwing it away.

I made sure everything was placed correctly and slipped out the door.