Chapter 39

Time skip to after New Years
Anna's POV
I watched Skylar walk into class. She immediately sat down and laid her head down as her usual routine. She's been avoiding me and I didn't like it.

"Yooo Annaaaa." I heard looking at Eva.

"Stop staring." I heard as Eva turned my head.

"What?" I asked as all four girls stared at me.

"What?" I asked and they all shrugged and carried on.

I looked at Ag who was already looking at Skylar. Right then someone made a frantic entrance. It was a tall boy with brown fluffy hair.

"Jace! Your new here let me check you off." The teacher said as he practically ignored her.

"Sit next to Skylar she has an empty seat next to her. We'll get started soon." Teacher said as he nodded.

He sat down next to Skylar not bothering her though. I watched him very carefully has he started to play a game on his phone.

Skylar's Pov
"Hey you need to stay awake." I heard seeing the teacher.

I looked up at next to me was a boy listening to music. I ignored him and laid my head down on the cold desk. The teacher started her teaching as I felt a someone nudging me.

"You should really stay awake." He said as he gave me a smile.

"Yeah no shit." I mumbled has his face changed.

"You always like this?" He asked me and so raised an eyebrow.

"You know with a bad attitude? Or is it just a bad morning?" He said has I rolled my eyes.

"Juts fuck off." I said and he raised his hands proving his innocence.

"Yo Chill. I ain't even do anything to you." He said and I laughed a little.

"Your talking to me. I rather keep your trap shut." I said as I turned my head.

"Well a pretty girl like you shouldn't be that tired. You know did you party too much?" He asked and I had enough of him.

I stood up slapping him across the face before grabbing my bags and leaving the classroom.

I know he didn't do anything wrong he just annoyed me in so many different ways... I don't know I hate when people talk to me. They act like I'm their friend and in the next minute it all turns into shit.

I walked down the empty quiet halls... the roughness of each little drawn bricks on the walls has I ran my finger through dents in them.

The metal on the lockers looked as if they were worn out. Like they've been sitting here for ages when in reality they've only been here for a decade.

I traveled the entire school before hearing over the comms.

"Attention Staffs and Students! This is a lockdown! Lock the doors turn the lights off and be out of sight." I heard as I shrugged knowing it was probably just a drill.

I walked the halls. I could just hide out in the bathroom but I decided not too. I started to head for the exit out back in the doors for seniors and juniors to get from the school to their car.

The door was locked... it's never been locked. Is this a drill? Is this actually happening? I started to panic. I ran up the stairs trying to find the nearest bathroom.

I managed to find a locker room that was placed for both girls and boys. It was a abandoned locker room since they made split ones for different genders.

I made my way to the bathroom as I looked on the mirror. I check all the stalls to see if anyone else was in here.

As expected it wasn't.

"SKYLAR!!" I heard as the voice was familiar.

Tom? No he's in Texas. He's not psycho enough to travel across the country to come find me...

He could if he wanted to though...

I curled up against the wall as I turned the lights off so no one would know I was in here.

I tried to keep my breathing leveled. There was text messages coming into my phone.

I turned my phone completely off before putting my hands on my head trying to get the flashbacks to stop.

"Skylar? Are you in here?" I heard as I looked up to see a crack of light from a door.

The lights turned on and I knew this was it...

I looked up to see... him? Jace?

"Hey are you alright?" He asked as we heard some noises.

I flinched at the sound before he sat next to me turning the lights back off. I was panicking as I pushed him away.

"Tom... no. Okay we've talked about this. This isn't okay." I whispered as I felt a body fully overcome me.

"Hey your okay. Just look at me." He said has he pulled me into a hug.

"Look. What is your favorite song?" He asked me as I looked at him in confused.

"I-I don't know why are you even asking me... that." I said as he pulled his phone out.

He put on some random songs that he think I'd like. He pulled one of his earbuds out and handed it to me as I put in my ear.

He turned the volume up all the way has the music cleared my entire mind from the flashbacks.

It happened to be one of my songs I had in my playlist before. I felt his arms not around my waist he just let me straddle him.

He held my hand as my tightening grip on him made me afraid I was gonna hurt him.

"It's okay." He whispered has I felt his fingers caressing my face.

I felt my head drop down on his shoulder. I was breathing heavy has he let me cling onto him.

All the sudden we heard the comms from above speak out. It was a false alarm...

"Nice to meet you. I'm Jace Hendrix." He said as my eyes widened.

"Jace... oh my god.." I whispered and he smiled.

"Oh my god... how's Taylor?" I asked and he shrugged.

"She's okay. She actually sent me here to see if you were okay." He said and I gulped.

"And I'm enrolling into this school." He said and I let out a laugh and a sigh.

"Sorry if I annoyed you. I thought you would get my jokes that we made a while ago." He said and I laughed a little more.

"Yeah no I remember them now. Sorry my mind has been on other things." I said and he shook his head.

"No need to apologize. Now what do you say? We get out of here?" He asked and I nodded.