Chapter 34

Skylar's pov
"Ma'am? Can you give me your name?" I heard as I looked around.

I looked at the burning building before pushing the person off of me and trying to run back towards the building.

"Hey hey... calm down Skylar. It's just a building. You can restart." I heard seeing Ag pull me back.

"N-No! It has everything!" I yelled trying to get out of her grip.

"I-It has everything I need!" I yelled before seeing someone in front of me.

It was a nurse or... built like one. I don't know I was dizzy at the time when Ag held me down at the ground and when the nurse pushed a needle in my arm.

Everything went really slow. I felt dizzy and I was on the edge of blacking out.

"Cmon... your okay. Hey look at me. Your gonna be okay." I heard Ag reassuring me.

"I hate you." I slurred my words.

Ag looked hurt when I said it but I didn't care. My mind was clouded with thoughts when I felt my head hit a pillow.

When did they pick me up? Why am I here? I don't wanna be here. I wanna be with... Kale... I love Kale he was the best dad I could have...

I felt something on wrist and legs... and then a strap when across my torso and my legs. I couldn't move. I wanted to scream but that's when I felt a bother needle being shoved in my arm.

I blacked out...

Anna's Pov
I watched the ambulance take Skylar away as the firefighters stopped the burning building.

"So... all this time. Skylar has been here." Ag whispered.

She started to walk in the burnt building as I followed her. Everything was destroyed... the drawings were ashes... the table was destroyed and the mattress was torn. Everything was burnt...

There were photograph pictures on the floor and drawings. The only thing that was actually left was the mural on the wall...

I examined the only artwork that was left in this entire warehouse... my fingers ran through the roughness on the spray paint mural and it was absolutely gorgeous...

 my fingers ran through the roughness on the spray paint mural and it was absolutely gorgeous

"I wonder why the fire didn't burn this..." I mumbled.

"It smells like gasoline right?" Ag asked and I nodded looking at her.

"I don't think the fire burned it because the gasoline wasn't on the walls. It was more on the papers of artwork and on the mattress." Ag said as I understood her.

"Cmon Anna. Let's go check out Skylar." Ag said as I nodded.

We drove to the hospital before going up to the counter I waited awhile.

"Skylar Hayes." I said and they looked on the computer.

"She's in a surgery right now. She'll be out pretty soon." The girl said and I nodded sitting down next to Ag.

I played with my hoodie strings as I waited before hearing a call out.

"Skylar Hayes!" I heard getting up.

"She's fine. She has a few ribs cracked and broken. Some head damage may causing a lot of head aches. But the damage isn't too bad. We did find something lodged into her collar bone. There was already a cut made and wasn't treated very well." The doctor said as I nodded.

"Has Skylar recently have any abusive damage? Maybe a father or a partner?" He asked me as I shrugged.

"Not that I know of."

"Her Step-Dad... it's been a little suspicious... and I think he's been doing some abusive things to her. Maybe mentally?" Ag spoke up standing beside me.

It made sense now... I get Ag's perspective and I think that's why Skylar is so much quieter... you know. Her actions changing and the sudden mood swings. Her pushing people away.

"I'll call child protection services. She has a freshly bruised body and it seems like she's had a lot of other invisible damage to the eye on her body." He said as he made us sign here.

"You guys are like related to her?" He asked us and we shook our heads no.

"No but she's her girlfriend. That's why we want to get in the room as fast as possible." Ag said and I looked at her has she signed the papers.

I gulped at the hinting lie Ag spoke. It felt nice that she called me Skylar's girlfriend but at the same time I felt really bad.

I knew Ag liked Skylar at the time. And I know she's scared for Skylar but she's been kinda off lately. Like distancing herself without fully ghosting.

The doctor led us to the room where Skylar was laying in bed with monitors hooked up to each other. I looked at her hands where she had a wrap on both of her hands. Mostly place on her knuckles...

I sat down and pulled a chair next to Skylar and brushed the hair out of her face. Her face was pale and broken with cuts all over.

The rhythmic beating from the monitors as a nurse came in and recorded everything down before leaving.

That's when we heard an angry mother in the lobby.

"YOU WANT CHILD PROTECTION SERVICES?!" She yelled running in the room.

She looked at me and Ag. And then back at Skylar who wasn't even awake yet. She was about to get closer to Skylar when Ag stood up and closed her off.

"I'm sorry Ms. umm Hayes. But she shouldn't be disturbed." Ag said backing her up.

Doctors came in and pulled Skylar's mom out. She kept yelling and screaming. I looked at Skylar's monitor that was beeping more rapidly.

A doctor came in and out a IV in her and then a shot fluid. The beeping started to calm down as I let out a sigh of relief.

I went outside to call someone as I clicked on their contact.

"Oh my god hey Anna!" I heard seeing a couple more girls.

"Oh my god how are things with you and Skylar!" She yelled through the phone.

"Skylar is in the hospital..." I said and the phone went dead...