Chapter 40

Jace's Pov
"Hey your going to Michigan with your mom right?" Taylor asked me as I nodded.

"You think you can enroll to this school? Skylar is there and recently she's been in an accident and hasn't contacted us. Can you check in for me?" She asked and I looked at the paper.

"Skylar? As in Skylar Hayes?" I asked and she nodded.

"My brother's ex..." I mumbled as she laughed nervously.

"Please? She literally hates your brother." She said and I nodded.

"Yeah okay... I can check in." I said and she sighed a relief.

"And for the love of god don't fall for her." Taylor said as I laughed a little.

"Yeah okay. I can't say no promises." I said she rolled her eyes.

"Just make sure she's okay... please?" She asked me and I nodded.

"Thanks." She said giving me a hug before leaving.

~~~~~~
We found the park as we sat down on a bench.

"So... how are you?" I asked and she shrugged.

"Your brother is a dick you know that." She said and I nodded.

"Yeah I know. I've hated him from the literal start." I said and she laughed.

"Wait if your here... is he here too?" She asked as I looked at her.

She had fear in her eyes. I know what happened. I know that Tom had sexually abused her so bad that she didn't come out of her house for an entire 2 months.

She was so scared that she would lock all the doors every time and the only person she actually let in was me or the girls.

"No he's with my dad. Our parents split." I said and she nodded.

She leaned her head on my shoulder has I put my arm over her. I picked something from my pocket as I grabbed a lighter and a cigarette. I lit it and took a hit before letting her have it.

We'd used to do this all the time when she was with Tom. I actually got closer to her when her and Tom broke up. I mean I witnessed the break up and Tom didn't take it very well. He started to throw things and he practically exploded with anger.

"Do you seem to have a new lover?" I asked her and she froze.

"I Uhm... I have two girls fighting over me. I mean they fought over me. Practically used me as a bet." She said and I could hear the hurt in her voice.

"Oh... im sorry." I said and she shook her head no.

"I actually managed to fall for the both of them... and still I have these weird feelings for them but I kinda shoved the all the way... deep... down." I said and I laughed a little.

"Do not laugh at me!" She said shoving me.

I felt her put her head down in my lap. I smiled as

"But one of them... she's much more softer... like not aggressive had the other one. But the other one is really protective. I like the both of them but I don't want to go into another scary phase." She said and I understood.