Chapter 42

Skylar's Pov
I haven't seen Anna in awhile. I mean occasionally I see her class but she tries so hard not to make eye contact with me.

Ag is her usual her. She sometimes slips notes in my notebook which I find cute. She's more softer with me now. Not so aggressive.

I told Ag to distance herself which she seems to have a hard problem with. In spite of us sitting back to back in first hour.

Two weeks has passed and I kinda felt empty. I haven't had the motivation to draw or paint... I haven't been at the warehouse unless it's just to drink and smoke.

"Jace stop!" I said as he messed up my hair in the hallways.

"Mhm this is why Stacy thinks your a retard." I said as I took a ran for it cause I knew he would react to it.

"NAH MAN GET BACK HERE!" He yelled as I ran out the school and into my car.

I managed to find myself on the soccer field has Jace tackled me to the ground. He used to be a football player so he took it a little too hard on me.

"Take that back!" He said as I laughed.

We were both laughing as he dropped next to me. I realized where we were and I looked at Anna who was staring at me. I smiled at her and she gave me a smile back.

Me and Jace were figuring out who was better at sports. I've played two sports and he's played two sports too.

That's when a group of girl came up to me.

"Can I help you?" I asked getting up.

"You were in the tournament in summer right? You played a goalie act." A girl asked me as I nodded.

"Well... our goalie kinda dipped on us. Can you fill for us for the rest of the season?" Another person spoke up.

I looked at Anna who was shaking her head no. She kept doing that aggressively as I smirked.

"What's in it for me?" I asked as they all thought.

"Anna will buy dinner every game we have. Doesn't matter the price." A teammate said as I thought about it.

"Hell no I am not doing that!" Anna yelled as I laughed.

"It's a deal." I said smirking at Anna who flipped me off.

"Nice here's the uniform." Someone gave me a jersey and some shorts.

"Skylar you don't have to take the place." Anna said as I shook my head.

"It will be fun." I said as they brought me to the lockers.

Anna's Pov
"You still figure out that goalie problem?" My teammate Pepper said as I shook my head no.

Our recent goalie had moved away and quit the team. So we had no back up goalie because everyone was shit as catching balls.

I was thinking of asking Skylar filling in for the rest of the season but I didn't want to be too much.

"Hey you know what. She's that girl you want to the tournament with. She's a goalie! Why don't we just ask her!" Another teammate asked as a group of them went up to Skylar.

"Wait what! No!" I said but it was too late.

"Why even bother at this point." I whispered.

~~~~~

"Why did you agree?" I asked Skylar who looked at me.

"You cut me off completely... I told you to take a break for yourself not cut me off on all charges... plus I miss having you around." She said and I felt my heart warm up a little.

I smiled before I felt a ball being kicked at my legs. I fell on my back as everyone laughed.

"Oh okay. SCARLET GET BACK HERE!" I yelled chasing my teammate around.

I looked at Skylar for a split second who was laughing. I loved to hear that laugh again...

~~~~~~

"Welcoming Skylar to the tsk for the rest of the season! Let's go!" The Coach yelled has he had extra energy today.

"We got an out of state champions. We'll be out for a week so thank god we were able to find a goalie in time." He said as I looked across from me to see Skylar staring at a road.

I remember when Skyler had hurt her elbow she always stared at the streets from her room. And I guess that always pleased her.

"Annaaa!" I heard feeling a smack at the back of my head.

"You zone out to much." Kaylee said as I rolled my eyes.

"But your gonna have to be paired up with a partner. So I'm gonna put a list up and pair yourselves with each other. We have an even amount so no one should be alone." He said as we all nodded.

~~~~~~

"Anna who are you pairing with?" I heard as I looked at the paper.

"I don't know. Ima go to the lockers real quick." I said and they all nodded.

I came back to see my name checked off... I was paired with Skylar.

"Oh hey. You know who your pairing yourself wi- oh... you paired with me." She said cutting herself off.

"I didn't." I said and she looked at me.

"You did. Because that is not my handwriting." I said pointing at my name.

"Nah you think that's mine? Fuck no." She said and I looked back to see a few teammates snickering.

"FUCK YOU!" I yelled running after them.

Skylar's Pov
"You know what. I totally ship it." I heard as Jace gave me a water bottle from a vending machine.

"Who and who?" I asked as he looked at me like I was dumber than a rock.

"You and Anna you fuck head." He said and I pushed him off the bench.

"Fuck off." I said and he laughed.

"Well Im gonna come see your game so I'm gonna fly out early to see you for your game." He said and I looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Ooh... mkay." I said as I got up.

He was hiding a piece of paper has I fought over him for the piece of paper. It turned out to be Scarlet's number has she invited him to the game.

"And I thought you were gonna come see me!" I said and we both laughed.

"Mmm Jace has a lover!!! Jace has a lover!!" I yelled out as pulled his hand over my mouth.

"Fuck you." He said as we both laughed.

Like I said. We have that sibling love without being blood related.