chapter 55

The atmosphere in the room sunk into a creepy and fathomless silence all of a sudden after the utterance of Wu Dahu.

Song Qinghan withdrew his head back staring at the solemn look of Wu Dahu, and saying in a gloomy tone, “What did you say?”

It seemed that Wu Dahu had detected the atmosphere of awkwardness, he then shut his mouth and showed no willingness to speak.

Seeing that Wu Dahu pretended to be shilly-shally, Song Qinghan was kind of wry, and then turned his face against the wall and closed his eyes ready to sleep.

Raising head slightly, Wu Dahu straightened up and walked to the table to blow out the candle after he made sure that Song Qinghan had fallen asleep.

And then he came back to the bed, kept thinking about the matter just happened.

Maybe he misunderstood the intention of Song Qinghan? But if Song Qinghan did not think of something like that, what would he think about?

The next morning, Wu Dahu went to deliver breakfast for Qin Aye and then headed to the town with Song Qinghan with baskets of monk fruits and seasonings.

Obviously, the shopkeeper of Huichun Shop still remembered the couple, and when he noticed the two, he approached with a smile, saying, “Perfect timing, we had sold out all the monk fruits right at the moment.”

Smiling big and looking all around, Song Qinghan came to ask in confusion, saying, “Isn’t Doctor Luo here today?”

The shopkeeper shook his head, explaining, “Doctor Luo is out for offering free medical consultation now. That’s a usual activity for him. Probably several times a month.”

With much homage to this old man, Song Qinghan came to a shock.

It’s quite an extraordinary trait for a doctor or physician to remain his kindness and patience to his patients. No wonder why Doctor Luo gained his reputation today, he was a real hero who would love to help the folks despite what the danger it posted or what the fame and gain it would bring. He was totally a perfect paragon for every doctor.

The shopkeeper was kind of busy right away, he didn’t get time for nattering or something. So they just put down the basket of monk fruits and got the coins and then left the shop.

When they got approach to the shop of Butcher Chen, they found that Butcher Chen was there with a rather sullen face of awkwardness.

There came another man aside Butcher Chen who happened to speak to him before the couple greeted. The man grabbed the arm of Butcher Chen all of a sudden, asking in confusion, “Brother Chen, why did you hide my stuff up? Don’t you notice that our customers are coming over right now?”

After that, the man robbed the bulging sack over under the butcher stall, exposing the stuff inside the sack and then smiling to Wu Dahu and Song Qinghan, “My dearest customers. Are you here for purchasing meat? Look, I sell seasoning here, I would highly recommend for you to try this out if you never ever try it. It’s kind of cheap, just cost you three copper coins for each pack.”

Coughing aloud and clapping on chest, Butcher Chen seemed to try to make some other sound, but then he shouted in a higher voice, “Ha, I think I got a cold today. I got my head dizzy! I’d better go back home now…”

Grabbing the arm of Butcher Chen and pulling back, Wu Dahu came to smile but he remained calmness on his expression, saying, “Butcher Chen, don’t you think that you need to give us a response over this matter?”

Witnessing Butcher Chen was acting like a rat, the man who was yo-hoing previously frowned and then shouted while coming over in a rather quick move, and then yelling to Wu Dahu, “Hey you, what do you think you’re trying to do? If you are here to pick holes, I won’t allow you.”