chapter 93

As the operation came to its halfway, an expression of agony finally emerged on Zhai Su’s face. Yet Song Qinghan didn’t show any mercy but just sped up his movement cutting the latter half of the tumour.

Well, the reason why Song Qinghan forced Zhai Su to drink all the wine he brought was to mitigate the pain Zhai Su might feel to a large extent.

He could only make it through this unwise decision since he wasn’t able to get any anaesthetic or mafosy (one kind of anaesthetic in Chinese ancient time) here.

He was as cool as a cucumber while he was fully absorbed in the operation. But people outside the room made an uproar in bustle, then all of them covered their mouths in astonishment, startled.

Only Doctor Shi who fixed his eyes on every single movement Song Qinghan made stood still with calmness. Though he found the scene kind of gross either, he didn’t even blink his eyes as if he was afraid of letting some crucial details go out of his mind. He did miss the chance to observe last time though when Song Qinghan made an operation for the leader boy of the acrobatic team, after all.

Yuan Wenxuan, who followed Song Qinghan and made a clear observation on the three recent operations, on the contrary, seemed to be immune to such a scene full of blood and flesh. He just stared at the upper half of the tumour which was placed on the table lonely, feeling nothing gross at all. All kinds of scenarios just popped up right in his mind.

Half an hour later, Song Qinghan sighed with a relief as he cut the last bit of the tumour out from Zhai Su’s chin while making sure that the incision on the man’s skin kept its minimum size. He then applied some medical cream on Zhai Su’s chin and wrapped it with gauze.

Yuan Wenxuan looked at the tumor which was thrown by Song Qinghan in a basin on the table and finally got a sense of creepiness while all his goose bumps erupted all of a sudden. He pursed his lips and pointed at the basin, saying gently, “Master, how are we gonna to handle with this?”

Song Qinghan took a glance at Zhai Su, and then said with a decisive look, “Burn it!”

Zhai Su on the bed didn’t dare to make a big movement since he could clearly feel that his chin just stopped bleeding. He just moved his lips weakly, saying, “I… I will do it.”

Song Qinghan pondered for a brief moment without a word, and then he uttered suddenly, “Handle it today, don’t you store it or something. Alright?”

With sympathy, Song Qinghan could fully understand why patients wanted to destroy the culprit which had long suffered him. But he also knew that such a pile of flesh from human’s body would definitely incur the emergence of various germs and viruses. It would be a pity if the patient got a secondary infection from them.

And then it was Zhai Su who showed eagerness to make an order, “Ask a servant to get me another basin here, I will burn it my own now.”

Not long, one of the servants came into the room with an iron basin in hands and then placed it on the table. Song Qinghan was tensed yet motionless while eyeing Zhai Su getting of bed slowly throwing a piece of lighting candle into the iron basin, and then he came to warn, saying, “Alright now, get back to your bed and take a good rest. I’ll get the rest part of the tumour out of this room as it’s burning. Otherwise, such an action is no good for your recovery.”

“Okay…” answered Zhai Su weakly, and then he got back into bed, lying. He finally smiled, smiling big as if the icing face of his finally melted by a fire of warmth, a great smile of total relief. he turned on Song Qinghan, saying gratefully, “Thank you so much, Doctor Song, from the deepest side of my heart.”