104

After lunch, just as Wu Dahu was about to take a short nap, someone knocked on the door. He rushed over while getting his face rather sullen, but when he opened the door and found out it was only Old Zhu who stood alone outside, he got a relieved expression, saying, “Are you coming for Han, right? He’s…”

“No no no, I am coming here for you today.” Old Zhu answered, as he smiled big while getting his eyes narrowed into lines.

Wu Dahu knew that Old Zhu got a close relationship with Zhai Su, but he also knew that Old Zhu wasn’t the man who got an affair with Zhai Su. So he just asked with a plain expression, “What do you want from me?”

Old Zhu smiled again as he held his own hands there. saying, “Thanks to Doctor Song, my grandson’s getting better and better now! I’ve got a headache thinking of a way to repay you guys, but forgive me, I am too old to get you something new. But, I just want you to get informed that Xing Liyu, the Number One Scholar of last tournament, happens to visit this town recently. A banquet will be held tonight to welcome him, and at that time all manners of childes will gather and show their skills. All of them are excited to meet Xing Liyu and eager to ask him for some advice. So I am here to ask you, are you coming with me?”

A lust seemed to emerge gradually on Wu Dahu’s face. Well, the banquet, which got such a noble name itself, must be a chance for those nobles to gather together and show off. But if Wu Dahu could really get a chance to show up in that gathering, probably he could get Xing Liyu’s attention, and if he was able to make a friend with the guy, he would surely gain a brighter future even if he lost the tournament.

And, even if he failed to attract the Xing Liyu’s attention, he could make a huge progress in his martial skills if he could get some advice from Xing Liyu.

He did want to attend that gathering. But what confused him the most was that the old man would give him the chance instead of others, he wouldn’t believe that there was no one in his huge Zhu Mansion wanted that chance.

Elder Zhu seemed to have noticed Wu Dahu’s concerns and then he said with a sincere expression, “Well, you’re one of the most skillful men who get a profound foundation on martial skills. I think if you can get some advice from Xing Liyu, you will be quite promising to win the tournament. At that time I will be able to bask in the light of your glory.”

Wu Dahu sank into a long while silence after that, but he still nodded while making a bow with his hands folded in front, and saying, “Alright then, I will be much honored to get the invitation from you.”

Old Zhu’s smile got even brighter after Wu Dahu’s response, he then made an appointment with Wu Dahu about the time and the place. And after that, he greeted Song Qinghan in the house and turned around and left

Song Qinghan saw that Wu Dahu had a serious expression after closing the door, he then asked curiously, “What’s wrong?” Isn’t that a good thing?

Wu Dahu sighed softly and nodded, “Well, it’s a good thing though. But I am just worried that it might be hard for me to return the favor.”

Song Qinghan reached out to caress Wu Dahu on the eyebrows, then pursed his lips, saying, “It seems that you’ve got more annoyances since we moved here in this provincial capital.”

Wu Dahu was utterly stunned after hearing that, he slowly lowered his face and pondered for a moment, and then he raised his face again smile in relief, reaching out to hold Song Qinghan over in his arms and whispering, “Sorry, I might have thought too much. It’s nothing big at all. At the worst, we still can go back to the village and keep our farming life.”

“Yes,” Song Qinghan leaned close to Wu Dahu listening to the strong heartbeat of the man, and then he used his face to rub Wu Dahu on the chin, murmuring, “It’s home as long as you’re aside by me. I don’t even mind what life we will get as you are by my side.”