page 12

At the age of eighteen John had become Lucy's equal in magic and Lucy who was taught the battle techniques of Earth by John had as a result became his equal in combat. Also as a result of his duals with Flare John's victory streak was overshadowed by his defeats in comparison with his defeats his wins were trash and this was a shame as he was often used to fight against students from other schools in tournaments he was undefeated but Flare was the only one who could defeat him and also Lucy due to his battles with Flare John's body was able to build up a poison resistance and tolerance for it and with that he was as resistant as Flare was if the current John fought against the Flare from the first encounter than Flare would have to go all out if she wanted to overcome his resistance. However Flare was also a part of the school's representatives so she was awarded for her participation and victory she was given rare artifacts and methods of cultivation that helped her to explode in her abilities and so she was far from what she was before Flare was still superior to John due to her poison abilities she could even defeat John and Lucy at the same time. Lucy and Flare had both fallen for John however one day Flare was assassinated by Jade because of how close she had become to John and her poison was extracted from her and transferred into a blade that was duplicated and mass produced.