Chapter 14 : Dinner Night

No matter how many times I have taken deep breaths, I can't still calm this racing heart of mine. No, I can do this! I can just eat quietly as I let them do all the talking!

Despite my protest, Sara has helped me clean up and wear a much more decent dress that was bought by Lianne to me. Speaking of, I haven't seen her since the day I've arrived at this residence. I have only heard her voice from outside of my door two nights ago.

"The young miss has arrived," Butler Thoma announces as he opens the door to the dining area. The knights that are assigned as my escorts are following me from behind. They have made me wear a bracelet that can send my location to Aiden. I heard Aiden made this specifically for me to wear, and I can't remove it no matter how many times I tried. This is like a special GPS that was made for me.

I tried seeing if I can remove it whenever I want to, and the answer is no. One of the knights explains that Aiden told them that no one can remove it except Aiden himself. And I heard this can also block my mana whenever Aiden activates it.

I guess he doesn't have any trust that I would not do anything inside the residence. Oh well, even if they tried sealing up Errissa's mana, I have no idea how to use them in the first place.

"Good evening your grace, Lady- I mean, s-sister Lianne and b-brother Ri-Rian," I greeted them as I curtsy after entering the room.

I was going to call Lianne, Lady Lianne but she pouts at me as Rian is also staring at me. He has requested me before to casually call him brother Rian.

"Hmm..." The Duke merely glance at me before raising his hand.

A maid escorts me to where I could sit, and it's right beside... Rian? I mean brother Rian? I guess this was also by the order of the Duke, to prevent me from trying to harm her precious daughter?

Eh, who cares. I only care about food at this point. Ever since Mr. Thoma has been taking good care of me and with Sara's cheerful presence by my side, I have finally accepted this new reality of mine. And because of all the books I have read in my room, I kind of absorb the personalities of the characters there.

You know that feeling that you have gotten immersed in the story and the personality of some of the characters rub on you. That kind of feeling... is what I am feeling right now.

"Here, eat this. Try this one too," Brother Rian said as soon as my butt touches the soft cushion of the chair.

He has already placed food on my plate and is now cutting the steak for me.

"A-Ah! W-wait! I can do it!" I try to stop him, but he has already finished cutting the steak and is now placing it in front of me.

"I can easily cut it. All you need to do now is to eat properly. You still look skinny," he said as I stare at the perfectly cut steak in front of me.

The aroma has made my stomach grumbles as I carefully pick up the fork.

"I -I also wanted to cut it for Errissa! I'm so jealous brother~!" Lianne exclaim as I look up from the steak to see her pouting at us.

"Do you want me to cut your steak too, Lia?" Rian asks as he grabs Lianne's plate and starts cutting her steak.

Ah... he did not even give her time to answer. But... this site of him is kind of cute. I did not know he can be this soft to his sisters since he has this serious aura.

I turn my attention back to my plate and start eating the steak.

Gosh~!! The meat is so soft and juicy!