Chapter 35 : A Night Of Confusion

I can't sleep!!

How can he disappear just like that?! What was he trying to say back then??

"My lady? Do you want me to make you a glass of warm milk?" I flinch in surprise the moment I heard Sara's voice.

A few seconds after Aiden left, Sara appeared with a tray of snacks including, a non-sweet snack that he requested.

"U-uh? Yes? Ahem, yes please," I said as I sit down on the bed.

"Then, I will quickly make you a glass of warm milk," Sara gave me a warm smile before leaving the room.

I let out a sigh before pulling Narla close to me. It may look a bit childish but, I have been sleeping every night while hugging Narla. Surprisingly, I haven't, not even once had a nightmare ever since I started sleeping with this teddy bear.

And... I have been trying to analyze more about the letters, the notebook, and everything else inside the box.

I have also been trying to experiment more with Narla. I think she is hiding something more inside her. But I don't want to cut her open just to see what is inside.

"Narla, I can't sleep because of that guy. How can he just run off like that without completing his sentence?" I grumble as I turn Narla to face me.

Whenever Sara is out or sleeping, I have been talking to Narla to release my stress and frustration. And every time I did that, Narla will hum a soothing melody before giving me a soft candy.

For some odd reason... the melody she is humming is quite familiar to me. Like I have heard of it somewhere before, but where?

"Key! Key!" Narla squeak out as her eyes sparkling for a bit.

Narla has also been trying for me to grab the key for the Duchess' room. Ever since what happened before, I hid the key inside one of the envelope letters and tuck it inside the drawer near my bed.

I don't want to face the key yet until I fully understand why I need to open the room. If there is really a clue inside the room, then I need to at least have something I can use to defend myself and Sara against the Duke.

"I don't want to use the key, Narla. Instead, help me find a way to control my mana."

I probably look like a weirdo talking to a teddy bear but my situation is not exactly normal.

"Candy! Candy!" Narla squeaks out before a candy cover in paper pop out of its mouth.

I have been hiding the wrapper inside the box since no one is really allowed to touch it other than me.

"Does eating the candy really help with my mana?"

"Yes!"

Well, I suppose it did help. Considering what Aiden has informed me earlier... Ah! I really cannot forget what he did!

As soon as I eat the candy, my body feels lighter but at the same time, I feel stronger?

I can't describe this kind of feeling...

"Alright let's take a deep breath," I mumble as I place Narla beside me before sitting up properly in the bed and closing my eyes.

I took in a deep breath before slowly releasing it. I keep on doing this a few times before focusing my attention on the mana inside my body.

I don't need Aiden to tell me about this since I discovered a book that has helped me a lot about training one's mana. Unfortunately... it was a book dedicated to young nobles. In short... it is a children's book.