Chapter 41 : Her Offer ( ̷A̷r̷e̷ ̷Y̷o̷u̷ ̷I̷n̷n̷o̷c̷e̷n̷t̷?̷)

Errissa's POV

"Mhm?" Opening my eyes, the bright light of the sun blinded me temporarily before I turn to my right.

"A-Aiden?" My eyes widened in surprise the moment I saw a familiar face sleeping on the side of my bed.

What is this guy doing here? And why is he wearing... a formal suit?

"..."

He is so fast asleep...

I try sitting up only to realize that he was holding my... hand?

*Bathump! Bathump!*

I can feel my cheeks heating up as I continue to stare at our connecting hands.

A-ah? W-what should I do?? What happened last night that lead to this?

As I was contemplating whether I should remove my hand or not, Aiden stirred before his eyes flutters open.

"Hic...!" I cover my mouth in shock with my free hand as my eyes met his.

"Oh? You are finally awake," he mumbles as he let go of my hand.

Ah... Why do I feel slightly disappointed about this? No... It's just probably because I am still a bit sleepy?

As I was too busy staring at my hand, I did not notice him standing up and reaching to place his hand on my forehead. Looking up, I can see the way his face relaxes as he let out a sigh of relief.

Did something happen that I wasn't aware of?

"Oh good. Your temperature is back to normal.," he stated as lean away from me and start stretching.

My temperature? I... what exactly happened last night? And why was he wearing such a formal suit??

"Umm... what happened last night?" I ask as I watch him remove his coat. I can't believe he manages to sleep soundly while wearing a coat.

"Last night was the first night of the winter ball," he calmly stated.

Umm?? Excuse me?? Winter ball?? Last night?!

"W-winter ball??" Weren't there supposed to be a few more days before the ball?!

Aiden stares at me for a full minute before he blinks, "Ah... you don't remember do you?"

"Remember what?"

"You were asleep with a high fever for the past few days until the Saintess healed you the other day," he explains so casually like he is just explaining something so trivial.

How did this happen?? Why can't I remember? Wait, Sara... She...

An image appears in my mind... one that seems so familiar to me and at the same time not. It was me talking to Sara in a place far away from the mansion...

Taking a deep breath I try to calm my racing heart. I need to talk to her. There is something that I need to confirm.

"Umm, thank you for staying with me. Can I ask where Sara is?" I lower my head as I let out a sigh.

I really need to talk to her... That is the only way I can ease this uneasy feeling I am experiencing.

"..." Hmm? Why is he just staring at me??

I heard the shuffling of footsteps before I felt a hand touch my head.

"!" I flinch in surprise as I look up and saw Aiden staring at me.

"W-what? What is it?" I ask in confusion. Did I say something wrong?

"... Nothing. I will go and call her," he answers before removing his hand and walking out of my room.