Chapter 59 : Wedding Day (3)

With his eyes widened in surprise from the sudden teleportation of Aiden, he took a deep breath to soothe himself. He doesn't grasp why Errissa suddenly felt ill when she seems to be doing just fine before...

Glancing at the man standing beside him, he can observe a dark expression befall the man's face. His fist is clenched tightly while his eyes are glaring at the spot where the two were once standing.

'Did something happen between Errissa and Silver without my knowledge? But how is it possible? Aiden has been keeping an eye on Errissa ever since she left the Duchy. Unless...'

Clearing his throat, he tried to catch the man's attention.

"Silver," He called out to the man as he eye his expression.

The said man, Silver, for some reason feels like he wants to punch someone after witnessing the scene from earlier. He doesn't understand why he can feel his heart thumping painfully in his chest, the moment Aiden touches Errissa. And there is this voice whispering inside his mind...

'MINE. MINE. MINE. MINE. DON'T TOUCH HER! GET YOUR DIRTY HANDS AWAY FROM HER! STOP TOUCHING HER! SHE IS MINE!' This is what the voice kept on repeating inside his mind. Though the voice oddly sounds similar to his own voice.

"Yes... your highness?" he answers as he took a deep breath to calm down, shaking away the voice.

"Have you visited Errissa in the prison before?" Alaric asks.

Silver stopped for a moment trying to recall the time that Errissa was still imprisoned.

'You should lock her down. In that way... she will never be touched by anyone else again. She will be all yours~!'

*Bathump! Bathump!*

He felt a shiver run down his spine as he forces himself to ignore the voice. Why would he listen to some senseless voice that is whispering nonsense in his head? There is no reason for him to lock Errissa away when he has helped her to be free.

"I think so?" he answers in an unsure tone.

"Hmm... By chance, did you try to mistreat her in any way?" Alaric asks in a casual tone, yet his eyes remain serious.

Silver flinches the moment he recognizes the serious look in the Prince's eyes.

"Mistreat her? I haven't had a chance to communicate to her alone, your highness. Is there a reason why you are asking this?" though he answers with such confidence since he absolutely doesn't remember doing anything to her.

Yet... there is this prickling sensation on the back of his mind telling him otherwise.

Alaric observes him with a stern look in his eyes before briefly glancing at their surrounding. He walks closer to Silver before whispering in his ears.

"Well... that is because Errissa is Lia's precious sister. Therefore if anything were to happen to her... No. From now on, she is under my protection, I will make certain no one can easily harm her anymore," Alaric answered in a low yet serious tone.

*Bathump! Bathump!*

Silver took a deep breath to calm himself as his heart is still thumping loudly inside his chest. There is a force that is trying to force him to find Errissa. But he pushes it away as he tries to steel himself from making any unnecessary trouble.

"Heh? So you have fully forgiven her? Everything that she has done? Or are you just trying to appear good for Lia? Is that the reason why you have pardoned all her crimes?" Silver responds as he raises an eyebrow at him.

"Whatever my reason is for forgiving her... you would not understand. Whatever damage or pain she has caused in the past, will remain in the past. Right now, the most important thing is what will her actions in the present. If her actions deemed that she still hasn't changed from all her wrongdoings, then that is only the time she will be punished. But if she truly has changed, then it's only fair to give her a chance... is that wrong?"

Silver pause for a moment as he glances around their surrounding. No one is paying attention to them right now as they are all busy watching the interactions of the Saintess together with the Queen.

"No... you are right, your highness. If that is your decision then I will support you."

After all, there is nothing he can do to change the Prince's mind.

"Well, let us forget this topic and talk about more interesting stuff. Ah! That is right, I heard you are here with someone? May I ask who might be the lucky lady?" Alaric said as he shifts the topic before giving Silver a teasing smile.

A blush crept on Silver's cheeks as he glances at where he left his lady. He let out a sigh of relief when he saw her talking to the other noble ladies with a beaming smile on her face. He can feel warmth spreading inside his chest as he continues to watch her talking enthusiastically with her friends.

It was sheer luck that he managed to meet her once again after long years of being separated from her. That he did not hesitate to request her hand in marriage after their fifth date.

He can still remember how surprised she was during his proposal. Admittedly, he even thought she will reject him. Yet, here they are happy together with their marriage date a year from now.

"Ah? Well... I came here with my Fiancee. She is currently talking with the other ladies. Do you remember my childhood friend, Ari?" Silver answered in a bashful tone.

"Oh? The one that you have a crush on before? When did she come back?" Alaric asks in surprise.

He recalls a memory of when Silver was talking about his childhood friend back when they were at the academy. He described her as a charming lady, with her long brunette hair as soft as silk and her deep blue eyes the same color as the ocean.

"Yes. She came back last winter and one thing led to another and now she is my Fiancee," Silver answered with his cheeks flushed red.

'Oho? I did not know he would be a bashful one when it comes to his lady?' Alaric thought to himself as he stifles his laughter.

He can finally be at ease now that not only Aiden has finally found someone he wants to protect, but even Silver is finally engaged. The only one among them without any prospective partner is Ishiki.

And speaking of Ishiki, Alaric only manages to talk to him briefly earlier. He was supposed to take Aiden and Errissa to where he left Ishiki to talk about Errissa's mission yet...

'Ah! I should contact Aiden after this to make sure Errissa is doing fine. And to make sure he did not just straight up abduct her,' Alaric said to himself as he follows Silver to introduce his Fiancee.