Chapter 29: Narla

After I break down in front of him, he personally escorted me and stayed by my side until I finished eating dinner. He has also reprimanded the knights, as he thought they were the ones who made me like that. But I quickly clear the misunderstanding and informed him that it wasn't them.

I can see in his eyes how badly he wanted to ask me more about what happened but... he didn't. I guess it was that obvious that I don't want to talk more about it. Or was it because my body keeps shaking whenever that topic was brought up?

When I ask him if Sara could stay by my side every night, he instantly agreed to it. He said it would be for the best if I have someone I can feel comfortable with.

And now, I am here in my room with the notebook in my hand. Sara is still somewhere in the residence, completing her task for the day.

"W-what? The contents have changed?" After I flip through the notes, I noticed a new page had been added. This time it was written in blue-colored ink rather than normal black ink.

The new notes are describing everything I have gone through the back with him.

*Bathump!* Bathump!*

"A bad ending unlocked? Wait... does this mean, I would get to experience different bad endings??? No way!"

*Bathump! Bathump!*

I can't! I can't experience that again! I don't want to!

The loud thumping of my heart is ringing in my ears as I continue to read the contents of the notebook.

"Ori~! My sweet Ori~!"

*Bathump! Bathump!*

Is there a way out of this place?!

"I love you so much! No one... no one will be able to take you away from me. You Are Mine!"

The more I read the recent notes, the more my memories are coming to me.

"AHHH!!!" I throw the notebook on the wall as I cover my ears.

"He is not here! He is not here! I am safe! I AM SAFE! I-- I am..."

My body is trembling... I am now covered with cold sweats as I curl up to my knees.

"Hic...!" Just... Just how can I escape this?

I want... I want to go home!

Mommy...! Mommy...!

"I'm sorry, my child. This is all my fault..."

W-what? Who is that?

My heart skip a beat the moment I heard that seemingly familiar voice.

I blink my blurry eyes, as I glanced around the room. The teddy bear in front of me captured my attention.

How did...? How did this get here? I am sure I placed it back in the box? Did I not?

"T-this is... the teddy bear from the gift," I mumble as I remove my hand from my ears and grab the teddy.

"Hug me! Hug me!" the moment I touch the ribbon, the bear emits the sound.

I tilt my head in confusion, but the more I stare at its twinkling eyes... the more I calm down. I decided to give it a try and hug the bear.

"!" And when I did, I felt something warm spread in my chest causing me to feel at ease.

"I will be here to protect you..." a gentle voice whispers in my ear as I close my eyes.