Chapter 33: Mana (Part One)

Errissa's POV

"Um... What do I need to do?" I ask as I sat down in one of the chairs here at the library.

Brother has escorted us here, though he left right away after Mr. Thoma whisper something to him. My two escort knights are waiting outside, requested by Aiden, while Sara is silently observing us from the side.

I requested to Aiden that I want Sara with me, and surprisingly he granted my request. I thought he would reject it, but he did not.

I... I don't like it. I don't want Aiden to change just like what happened to him. I am more comfortable if he can treat me coldly once again.

"Recite to me what you know about mana flow," he spoke without even blinking.

I- uh- what?? Mana flow??

My heart is pounding loudly, I suddenly feel like I went back to a recitation at school.

I gulp as I took a deep breath while I try to rack my brain to find any information about mana flow. My gosh... why did he have to ask me so suddenly like this??

"I-uh... M-mana flow, that is about mana?" Please tell me I did not say that!

Ugh! I can feel my cheeks heating up from what I just blurted out. From the corner of my eyes, I can see Sara trying her best not to laugh out loud.

"Mhm..." Despite fearing what kind of reaction he has right now, I still force myself to glance in his direction.

His shoulder is slightly trembling as he covers his mouth with his left hand while avoiding looking in my direction.

Uwah! He is definitely laughing!!

I cover my face with both my hands as I lower my head. Can't I rewind the time back to when I haven't blurted that?!

"A-ahem... M-mana flow is definitely about mana," Aiden starts as he tries to force down his laughter.

Ugh... Please just let it out! It's more embarrassing to see you trying hard not to laugh!

I lift up my head before peeking through my fingers to observe his face.

His cheeks have slight redness on them making his face more alive than it was before. Honestly, this guy is just so... freaking handsome.

I calm myself down as Sara places a cup of water in front of me. I thank her quietly before taking a sip of the water.

"Mana is an energy that can exist within everyone and everything. However, the amount that can exist within a person depends on the flow of mana within them," he explains as he places a small empty orb on the table.

"I see... therefore if one has a weak mana flow that will mean they possess a limited amount of mana within them, right?"

"That is right. If one is born with a weak mana flow, they will possess a low amount of mana within them. And if one is born with a strong mana flow, they will possess an extraordinary amount of mana within them."

"Can the mana flow be passed down the family line?" Just like how the Redmond family manage to continue to have a high mana flow within them.

Aiden pauses as he spares a glance at me before he continues to stare at the orb.

"You are talking about how Redmond's bloodline continues to produce high mana wielders, right?"

I nod my head in response. He immediately understand where I was going. In fact, now that I think of it... this will be the first time someone will actually teach me any information regarding this world. Lianne is different since she only told me the basics about our family.