Chapter 73 : Past And Present (2)

Despite the pain that I am feeling, I push myself to stand up as I run toward Rosaline and hold her tight.

On the other hand, I feel a surge of mana coming out of my body and hitting the Cardinal momentarily making him fall to the ground.

"I will not allow you to continue whatever it is you are doing with these children! How could you end their life like it's nothing?!"

"Because their life is worth nothing compared to mine!" The cardinal roared as scales seems to grow from his skin.

W--what is this??? How is he looking more like a lizard? No... a dragon??

*Bathump! Bathump!*

W--where in the world have I seen this kind of form before???

"Rissa!"

I flinch in surprise the moment I heard Rosaline's voice as a ringing sound echoes in my ears.

"Ugh!" I groan in pain as I took a step back.

My vision is flickering between the memory and the present time once again.

The moment I glance up to see which vision I was seeing, I felt something sharp stab me in my stomach as I taste something metallic on my tongue.

"Young miss!" I overheard the familiar voice of Butler Thoma as I glance up to see the vision of the memory.

Ah! It wasn't me that was stabbed, it was my younger self that was stabbed... by my dear father.

'I cannot believe this... H--how could...? How could he have done this to me?! How could he...!'

*Bathump! Bathump!*

My heart is thumping wildly in my chest as rage filled my veins.

'He never acted as our father. He never loved us, nor did he love our siblings. All he ever cared about is finding a way to suppress our powers... to manipulate our actions. He is the reason why both Lia and I...'

"Rissa! No!! Rissa!!!" I can hear the desperation and fear in Rosaline's voice as shift my attention to her.

"R-rosa...! I--it h--hurts! m--my s-stomach is in p--pain!" I cried out as I kneel on my knees while clutching my bloody stomach.

"W--whaaa!! P-papa! S--stop! P-please! I--it h--hurts!" I screamed in pain the moment the Duke snatch me by my hair and hoist me from the floor.

"You useless brat! Just die already! I don't need you anymore now that I will soon possess this child's power! Therefore just give me your mana core!" he yelled as he glared at me with such deep hatred.

'This man! How can he even utter such words to his child! Power?! He cares more about power than his own flesh and blood?! You rotten fool!'

I want to shout at this man. I want to grab him by his neck and let him experience the same pain I went through! But I can't! I can no longer do that as he already paid the price for everything he did to us!

All of a sudden, a hand grip me by my throat as my vision shifted to the present time.

"This is not the time to be mumbling to yourself like that. Not when you are in my presence," he spoke in a deep voice as I glance up at him.

His body is almost full of scale as he is gradually shifting into a lizard-like body. No, to be more accurate... a dragon-like body.

A dragon... to think that came from the bloodline of a Dragon. It's odd. I should be surprised to meet a dragon closely like this and yet I am not. In fact, I am rather calm about witnessing his progressive transformation.