Chapter 15 : The Visit

Ughh... my stomach...

My stomach still feels so full despite it already the next day.

The dinner last night end up peacefully, with the Duke remaining quiet the whole time. He even left firsts after completing his meal.

But... the thing that made that night unforgettable is because of brother Rian and Lianne. They compete with each other on how many dishes they can feed me. And now, my stomach is feeling last night's consequences.

"Ughh... I don't want to move today," I grumble as I lay on my stomach while hugging one of my pillows.

Oh yeah, they added two more fluffy pillows last night. Not only that, Lianne and brother Rian gave me sets of gifts last night.

Yeah, sets of gifts. Lianne has given me two sets of nightgowns, four silk ribbons, two winter dresses, and three shoes. While brother Rian has gifted me a set of crystal necklaces and earrings, a set of rose gold necklaces and bracelets, a whole set of the newest trendy dresses.

The small cabinet that I have in this room is now full because of their gifts. I don't even know if I will be able to wear them all. I wonder how much all these will cost if I ever sell them?

"Young miss~! You need to get up now! I heard that the Crown Prince will visit today!" Sara's words made me turn to her in surprise.

Say what now?? Did I hear that correctly?

"Pardon? Can you repeat it once more?" I said as I sit up from laying in the bed.

"His highness, the crown prince will be visiting today!" Sara answered with excitement in her voice.

Oh no... I completely forgot about the monthly visit of the prince. Since his schedule is full with their preparation for the royal wedding, which will happen next spring. They adjusted his visits to be a monthly schedule.

"Ughh... but I don't want to move," I mutter as Sara forced me to stand up and drag me to the bathroom.

"You have to! This is a great chance to show his highness, how much my lady has changed!" she said as she help me remove my nightgown.

Ughh... I don't understand how she can be this enthusiastic! I just don't want to see him!

--

After the painstakingly long time of choosing a dress that I will wear, I am now continuing the book I was reading yesterday. The crown prince has already arrived and probably talking in the living room with the Duke or whoever is assigned to entertain him.

Lianne is currently at the Empress's palace since today is her scheduled tea party with her. And brother Rian... I have no idea what is his schedule since I wasn't really asking. On the other hand, I know Lianne's schedule because she informed me about it last night.

"Where is she?" I heard a muffled voice outside my door as I glance at it.

"She is inside, your highness," one of the knights answered as I heard the jingle of keys before the doorknob rattles.

The white door slowly opens revealing the familiar grey-blue eyes of the Crown Prince.

"His highness is entering," one of the knights stated as the prince enters my room.

They really did not bother knocking, huh? And does he need to be introduced like that? It's not there is any other person here except me.

"You look more... healthier? Then the last time I saw you," he said as he stared at me before his eyes landed on the book I was reading.