Chapter 25 : Answers and Curiosity

I can't believe I kept on finding myself in complicated situations. What kind of luck is this??

"Yes, this one suits her too. Let's try the other ones," Silver commented after seeing the dresses that the designer showed to him.

After his claim the other day, I have been removed from my job as his personal maid and been promoted as his dating partner.

Yes, apparently I am currently dating the future Archduke and on my way to being called the future Archduchess. Just what is this absurd situation??

Right now, I am being fitted for my new set of winter dresses, casual dresses, outdoor dresses, indoor dresses, nightgowns, and formal wear. All the expenses will be provided by the Archduke himself, who has approved of 'our' relationship... he did not even let me explain anything.

I haven't even had time to talk to Jia, since she is assigned as one of Silver's personal maids. Speaking of personal maids, the Archduke has personally selected personal maids for me and has chosen my room.

How am I supposed to escape from this situation?? I heard they are planning on introducing me formally. They are already planning on arranging a banquet to introduce me as Silver's fiancee.

I mean, Fiancee?? Already?? I haven't even processed the fact that he has already claimed me to be his?

Ughh... can someone get me out of here?!

"Are you feeling tired? Do you want to rest for a bit?" I heard Silver's voice whisper from behind me.

I jump in surprise as his hand made its way around my waist.

My gosh!! I want to slap his hand away, but everyone in this room is staring!

Deep breathe, Ori, Deep breaths!

"I'm fine, do not worry about me," I respond with a sweet smile on my lips.

I can observe some of them are enjoying how close we are as lovers, while some are watching me with jealousy in their eyes.

.

.

.

"Silver... We need to talk," I stated as I finally finish fitting all the dresses they brought.

We are currently inside his office, he is sitting behind his desk while I am sitting on the couch and eating sweets. Look, if there is one thing that can calm me down or can make me stay sane in this situation is this... sweets and desserts.

Hmmm... why does this feel a bit familiar?

"Is there something wrong?" he answers as he lowers the document he was reading.

Ugh... yeah, this has already happened back in the Redmond residence.

"Everything. Everything that is happening is wrong," I said as I lean on the couch.

The maids have left us alone here once they place down the sweets and tea. The ones that are serving me now, are the ones that I once shared a room with.

"How is this wrong? You ask for a new life, and I gave it to you. Isn't becoming my lover much better than being a maid?"

This guy... am I supposed to be thankful for this?

Back then the only reason why I asked for a new life was to take a breather, to take a risk... I was just trying to see whether he will allow me. And when he did, I took a chance to see if I can learn anything from the library. And I did... I learn more than when I was in the Duke's residence.