Chapter 34: Mana (Part Two)

But... I think this was not the reason why we are here in the first place? We definitely got sidetracked from our original topic.

"A-ahem! Pardon me but should I prepare the snacks?" Sara coughs lightly breaking the silence. It seems Aiden was deep in thought from that topic, that his shoulders flinch in surprise from hearing Sara's voice.

"Oh? You were there?" he responds as he looks startled to see Sara standing at the side.

D-did he really forgot that Sara was there?

To be honest... I did kind of forget about her too since I got way too curious about this topic. And... this is the first time I got someone to discuss topics like this.

"Uh? Yes?" Sara answers confused.

Oh, Sara...

"Yes, prepare the snacks. Make sure to get a snack that is not too sweet." Aiden orders, as he leans on the chair.

"Yes. I will inform the chef to prepare something," Sara bow her head before giving me an encouraging smile.

She then quietly leave the room, closing the door behind her with a small thud.

"You don't enjoy sweets?" I blurted out while still staring at the door.

I think I can feel my heart starting to pound louder now that Sara is out of this room.

"What do you think?" he answers before removing the hood of his cloak.

That's right... I forgot that he still is wearing his cloak. I supposed that is part of his, um, uniform?

I fiddle with the pen Sara gave me earlier when she found out that Aiden will mentor me about my mana. Though I don't think that is what we did today.

"!" My eyes widened in surprise when Aiden removes the hair tie that was tying his long silky hair.

Mama mia! Where did these sparkles come from? It seems like a bright light just sprout from his face and covered the room!

How did he become twice as handsome as before?? Or was it just my imagination??

No... He is just too handsome for my eyes!

"...what are you doing?" I heard the sharp tone from his voice that made me sit upright and glance away from him.

Did he just see me drooling because of him?

My gosh... how many times do I have to embarrass myself in front of this handsome man??

"Ahem! Nothing... I am curious, though, what is this orb from?" I try to change the subject as I focus my attention on the orb.

He stares at me for a while minute before he taps the orb twice making it lit more brightly than before.

"Woah!" I exclaim in awe as I admire the sparkling light it illuminates.

"I was supposed to use this for our topic but..."

Ah! It was because we went far off the topic and formed a conspiracy theory instead.

"Why don't you show it to me now?" I suggested as I point at the orb.

"Well... Imagine this orb as a human body," he starts as he flicks his finger and the light disappears.

This guy is amazing...

"Without mana, this is just an ordinary empty shell. But once mana enters this vessel, it starts to change," he spoke as he taps the orb once.

Sparkles of light slowly formed in the center of the orb.