Chapter 37 : The Saintess

A long flowy red hair, glimmering golden eyes, covered with white from head to toe. The current Saintess and the younger sister of the missing Duchess... Haviona Rolia Redmond.

A magnificent jewel was chosen to be the Saintess. With her captivating appearance, she earned many admirers wishing to marry her. But until she retired from her position, she can marry no one.

Ever since she heard about the tragedy that befalls her sister and now that her niece, the one who she was supposed to instruct... became a villainess. She spends her time praying for her family and helping the people more.

Everyone looks up to her with admiration and love.

"A perfect Saintess!"

"She is really a Saintess!"

"We are blessed to be able to meet a Saintess like you!"

Compliments flooded her left and right, and occasionally she heard compliments that is directed to her other niece... the Crown Princess.

She merely responds to them with a dazzling smile on her lips before turning her back on them. There is one rule that has been established the moment she became the Saintess, no one will talk about her family in her presence.

It can be an exemption if she is facing the public, but within the disciples' inside, no one can open their mouth easily.

"Pardon me, your grace, a letter arrived for you."

Haviona is currently enjoying the view from her own personal garden when a servant lowers her head and interrupted her rest.

"If it is not crucial, pass it to the cardinal," She simply answers before taking a sip of her tea.

"I-it was addressed from the duchy," The servant stutters afraid that her tongue will be cut off once the Saintess heard that word.

The Saintess clicks her tongue in annoyance as she glared at the servant.

"How annoying. Give it to me," she answers as the servant handed the letter to her with a shaking hand.

The Saintess tore the envelope open before grabbing the letter inside. She read the letter with disinterest until she recognize the name of who signed it.

"Oh my. It looks like that young boy has already grown. Hmm... They require my help with her? Ha! How laughable," The cold tone of hers made the servant shakes even more.

Everyone in the temple knows how much the Saintess despises her family. That is why they were relieved when the youngest daughter of the Duchess return back to their mansion. They know the Saintess will just abuse the young child. But... now, they don't how to feel about her. They have heard about what happened to that young lady.

"Tell the Cardinal to prepare me a carriage. I need to see this foolish-- I mean, my family for a visit."

A shiver went down the servant's spine the moment she looks up and saw a cold smirk have formed on the Saintess's lips.

--

An elegant carriage drawn by four white horses arrived at the gates of the Redmond Duchy a day later. The insignia of the Temple can be seen on the side of the carriage and on the flag proudly waving from behind. Four temple knights riding on four horses are escorting the said carriage.

The temple is only a day away from the Redmond Duchy and almost two days away from the capital.

A woman clad in white came out, with her red flowing hair and her golden eyes... all eyes are on her.