Chapter 101 : The Time Has Come

"My lady...? Are you alright?" Lael's worried voice greets me as soon as I enter the garden. He is only wearing a casual outfit, yet he still looks dashing as always.

Ha... these small things, that I used to ignore about him are now the only things I notice whenever I see him. I even now notice him when we're in the same area, in fact, he is the first person I ever notice before anyone else. Even now, the way his hair is being swayed by the wind and the way his long eyelashes flutter whenever he blinks his eyes.

Man... what is happening?

"Lael..." I came here once Sara made sure I looked presentable after my talk with Aiden. It had taken a while before he ended the call since he wanted to make sure that I stopped crying before ending the call. I know he means well but man... I felt like I dried up all my fluids from that crying.

"Did something happen? Your eyes are red," he mutters as he softly caresses my cheek. I quickly found myself leaning on his touch before sighing. With how different the atmosphere here than back in that kingdom, I found myself much more relaxed than before I often found myself leaning more and more to his touch... and often found my heart started to beat faster whenever I locked eyes with him.

I know this is not the time for such luxuries, but I had no choice but to allow myself to experience kind of feelings. After all, once this world is completely destroyed not even I, would know in what time and world will we wake up. All I know is we will finally be free from this make-believe world that the fog woman created as a playground for that so-called mother of mine along with the other contractors.

"Yes... something happened," I answer as his scent enters my nose and he leans down to meet my eyes.

"What is it? Did someone hurt you? Who is it? Tell me what I need to do," he spoke with such seriousness that I could see his free hand inching away from his sword. Even if we are here inside the palace, he never leaves his sword behind because of me. I had a hobby before of casually encountering dangerous individuals to recruit to our guild, thus he never left without his sword.

Now that I think about it... the members of our guild are full of dangerous individuals. No wonder they are being hunted down by the crown prince. Even Sara has been trained to kill without batting an eye. But sadly, all the endings they've got was losing their lives from the swords of the enemies when they tried to rebel against the male leads.

This time, though... They have to die from my order. It's the only way to save them.

"Calm down and listen to me first, Lael. The time has finally come," I turn my attention back to Lael who looks confused because of my word.

"Pardon...?" he said as he tilted his head to the side.

"Let the flowers bloom, my dear Lael," I spoke with a smile as I stared directly into his eyes.

His eyes widen in surprise the moment I utter the secret code of our guild. He quickly recovers as he kneels in front of me before placing a kiss on the back of my hand.

"Welcome back, my lady."

When he looks up to meet my eyes once again, I can see his eyes shining in delight.

"Stand up, my dear. It's time for us to make a move. Is your army ready for the next phase?"

He stood up quickly from my command, and he took my hand before we started walking around the garden. Two months before the graduation event, I wrote a letter addressing to Lael everything I needed him to prepare while I distracted everyone with my memory loss... except I did not mention anything to him about my memory loss plan. It was only Rosaline, Sara, and Lianne who knew about the memory loss plan. Since I need his reaction to be genuinely confused about everything so that the plan can continue smoothly.

But to make sure my dear sister would have a natural reaction once they found out I lost my memory. Rosaline cast a spell on her that she would only remember the plan after I got transferred back to Redmond Mansion.

"They have been waiting for your signal for a long time now, my lady."

"Is that so? Then we shouldn't make them wait any longer."

It's finally time for the main event.

.

.

.

"I think it will be for the best if you stay here, my dear," the queen, spoke softly as she held my hand while staring at me with a pleading look.

The next day I quickly informed the Queen about what happened to my auntie, of course, I had to act like was so devastated about what happened. In addition, a letter arrived just as she pulled me in a hug to comfort me, addressed to me informing me of the attack that happened at the Temple.

The information was kept secret from all citizens of this kingdom to prevent sending them into a panic that would turn to chaos just like what is happening to Alaric's kingdom. I know Alaric is now the current King of that kingdom since it was part of my plan to remove that rotten king out of the way. He may be rotten inside and out but when it comes to such emergencies within the kingdom he can actually be part of a king. I know it is unbelievable, but it happened before.

It was during that time I tried to start a rebellion before we reached the second year of studying at the academy. That disgusting King managed to subdue all our forces in one go. That is why I had to remove him from the picture.

And now... I am trying to convince her to allow me to go back to the kingdom to visit my sister and see my auntie's body. In truth, I need to go back to start the show.

"Your majesty... I understand how difficult my request may be, but I am worried about my sister. She is the only family I have left," I plead to her while holding her hand.

She doesn't want me to go back since she feared I might put myself in danger because they haven't caught the one who attacked the Temple. And since I was supposed to be the next Saintess, they were afraid the attacker might target me next. As if that will happen when I am the one who planned that attack.

"But you still have us!" The Queen continues insisting as I can see the way Lael's shoulder shakes from trying to hold back his laughter at this situation. It's been two long hours since I have been pleading with her to allow me to go back. His Majesty the King allowed me at first but when Her Majesty gave him a cold glare he quickly shut his mouth and looked away from me.

It's so obvious who has the control of all the decisions here. And Lael is not helping out since he is too busy being entertained by the scene between his mother and me. Honestly, he could have easily changed her mind but no! His eyes are now twinkling in delight because of this drama unfolding before him.

"And I am incredibly thankful for the care you are showing for me. But my sister needs me right now, please your majesty."

I really need to go now. I can't delay any more time Your Majesty!

"Your majesty..." I continued trying as I gave her my best version of the famous puppy dog eyes.

I can see the change in her eyes. She is now looking at me warmly but the worry is still there.

"Mother... how about allowing me to escort her? I will also bring the first order to make sure she will arrive safely," Lael stepped up as he coughed lightly to cover the fact that he was laughing at me.

This guy... does not realize his ear has turned red from all that laughing?

"Hmm... alright. I supposed if you are with her then she will be safe."

She finally gave up once Lael spoke up.

I inwardly let out a sigh of relief. Gosh! Finally! I can finally leave!!

But before that, I will pinch Lael in his cheeks later before this two hours of delay! And my throat has gotten dry from speaking for two hours straight!