Chapter 62 : Shambles

A moment before the mansion was consumed by the fire...

"Forget it. I was just joking," I spoke in a light tone as I glance away from Aiden.

I cannot believe I even manage to say those words to him. What was I thinking making him choose between siding with Silver or siding with me?

I mean he is friends with Silver first for a very long time before we got closer like this. And...

*Bathump! Bathump!*

H-huh? W-why is my heart beating like this?

*Bathump! Bathump!*

A surge of energy suddenly flows through my veins as I felt a shiver down my spine.

Something is wrong... just what is happening?

Why do I suddenly feel like this? Why does my heart ache and yet at the same time it's thumping in excitement?

Have I gone insane??

*Bathump! Bathump!*

'It's time. We need to go back to the palace.'

A familiar voice whispers in corner of my mind as I stand up abruptly from my seat. I can feel my fingers twitching before sensing a somewhat familiar presence somewhere in this tower.

I... My body has moved on its own! What in the world is happening??

I took a deep breath as my heart continue to ache and thump wildly inside my chest. All right... since something weird is already happening, it's better to go back to Auntie. She can help me deal with this... with what is happening with my heart and mana.

"I don't know exactly what happened between you and that punk but..."

Punk?? Did he call him punk??? Excuse me??

Is this still the Aiden that I know??? What in the world happened to his words??

"I will choose to side with you if that is what you want," I heard Aiden answer as he, too, stand up from his seating position.

*Bathump! Bathump!*

I bit my lower lip as I try and stop my lips from grinning. For some reason, hearing his words made my heart thump more wildly as an overwhelming feeling suddenly burst from within me.

I can feel something in my mana that seems to be growing more stronger than it was before. Like someone is pouring more mana inside my core. But where is it coming from?

*Bathump! Bathump!*

"Hold on Aiden! I need to go back to the palace! Auntie is probably already looking for me!" Aiden was about to say something when I cut him off and grab his hand.

*Bathump! Bathump!*

I need to go see Auntie! And besides... something is telling me that I should not stay here at the Tower. I feel like something big will happen soon.

'We don't have much time! We need to go back or else we will be caught by that spell!'

A shiver runs down my spine once again as I try to take a deep breath to calm my senses. I have to try and keep my aura from surfacing or else Aiden will notice something is amiss.

"A-ah? Now? But--," I cut off his words as I stare him directly in his eyes.

*Bathump! Bathump!*

'Time is ticking! The spell will soon be activating!'

*Bathump! Bathump!*

I need to go back to the palace or else everything will be for naught!!